PDA

View Full Version : Warner Bros. picks Blu-ray over HD DVD

Quinn
01-05-2008, 05:40 AM
WB's decision to go Blu-ray exclusive is most likely the end for HD DVD as it leaves only Paramount and Universal for HD DVD content. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=969114

Eddie Horton
01-05-2008, 10:00 AM
I was an early adopter of HD DVD and just bought my parents a player for Christmas. Since the Warner decision, I've decided to hold off on movie purchases and won't be buying a BluRay player anytime soon. This is one of the few times I've stepped out on the bleeding edge, and this is the chance you take. Didn't go my way this time. Life goes on.

Jonnyozero3
01-05-2008, 02:16 PM
This kind of stinks, I found the format war to be fun :) I also had a soft spot for HD-DVD. Don't know why. I guess I haven't been the hugest fan of Sony. Oh well.

But, I did get lucky with the timing, just went "purple" two days ago... :o Couldn't pass up a 40gb PS3 for $299.

Mag_Neato
01-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Figures:mad:

As soon as I fork over the money for the HD-A2, they pull this. I heard this on the radio this morning driving in to work.

I wonder how long the effect will take to drop HD-DVD prices? Could build up a nice little collection for cheap before the format disappears.

I will not be running out to buy a Blu-Ray player anytime soon.