PDA

View Full Version : About to pull the trigger, need solid answers

o0Lo0P0o
12-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, I have been doing alot of reading on the sierra-1's and the whole ascend product line. I had a few questions before I end up pulling the trigger.

Will the sierra-1's securely mount to the TP-24 Speaker stands?(I saw little brackets in the picture on the site for the stand) Will this said bracket seamlessly work with the sierra-1's without modification? And will they look flush mount like the CMT-340 SE's when they are on these stands?

Is the CBM-170 Timbre matched with the sierra-1' in a 5.1 setup? Because I am nearly maxed out on budget for speakers. I wasn't sure if the CMT-340 SE was a better match on the rears.

Here is a Summary of the package I want to order:

Sierra-1 pair, piano black(shielded)
Sierra-1 Center, piano black(shielded)
CBM-170 SE pair (Re-certified) Is it really worth the savings to get the recert pair?

SP-30 Speaker Stands /pr (for the CBM-170 SE pair)
TP-24 Pedestal Stands /pair (for the sierra-1)

Any help would be greatly apreciated as this cash is burning a huge hole in my pocket :D

curtis
12-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Will the sierra-1's securely mount to the TP-24 Speaker stands?(I saw little brackets in the picture on the site for the stand) Will this said bracket seamlessly work with the sierra-1's without modification? And will they look flush mount like the CMT-340 SE's when they are on these stands?
Yes, they will work with the Sierras just like the 340's...and will be flush. The only difference is the finish is different than the Sierras.

Is the CBM-170 Timbre matched with the sierra-1' in a 5.1 setup? Because I am nearly maxed out on budget for speakers. I wasn't sure if the CMT-340 SE was a better match on the rears.

Yes, the 170 is a great timbre match to the Sierras.

CBM-170 SE pair (Re-certified) Is it really worth the savings to get the recert pair?

I think the recerts are an outstanding deal. Same trial period and warranty as new speakers.

o0Lo0P0o
12-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Is there another pair of stands you could suggest to the TP-24's that will allow for mounting? I have 3 kids and I'm affraid to leave the speakers just resting on the stands without being mounted to the stands.

Do the SP-30 stands mount to the CBM-170 SE's?

debo
12-27-2007, 05:37 PM
I have the Sierra -1's and the 170SE's and they are a excellent match!

curtis
12-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Is there another pair of stands you could suggest to the TP-24's that will allow for mounting? I have 3 kids and I'm affraid to leave the speakers just resting on the stands without being mounted to the stands.

Do the SP-30 stands mount to the CBM-170 SE's?
As far as I know, Sierra/340SE to TP-24 mount is unique.

Not sure if the CBM-170SE's mount/fasten to the SP-30's.

Another alternative is to use earthquake putty.

Mitch G
12-28-2007, 10:57 AM
FWIW, I have my Sierras on some relatively cheap stands I bought from Circuit City (oh the horror!) and all I use is blue putty (i.e. earthquake putty) to secure them to the plate which is smaller than the base of the speaker. Even with 5lbs of fish gravel in the stands, I can lift the speaker and stand by only holding the speaker. That blue putty is really quite grippy.

Mitch

o0Lo0P0o
12-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanx for all your help guys, I just placed the order. Cant wait to play with this setup :)