PDA

View Full Version : Speaker grills

tcat
12-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I plan on replacing the grills on the 200SE's I have on order. Will the existing black peal off easily? If not, is placing cloth over the existing a bad idea? What I will be using is a very open weave acoustical fabric (Mellotone DF6003).

curtis
12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I plan on replacing the grills on the 200SE's I have on order. Will the existing black peal off easily? If not, is placing cloth over the existing a bad idea? What I will be using is a very open weave acoustical fabric (Mellotone DF6003).
You should call Ascend on this one. I have not read of anyone replacing the cloth on any Ascend.

drewface
12-08-2007, 09:37 PM
You should call Ascend on this one. I have not read of anyone replacing the cloth on any Ascend.agreed... if you don't mind me asking, why do you want to replace the grill, anyways?

tcat
12-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Dave says the black will peal off and new cloth can easily be added. I want "lighter" color speakers and cloth (wife issues). I didn't want to wait for a custom color. I'll paint the boxes and add a lighter cloth (that's if I get "wowed" once I receive them). DF6003 on this page is what I have on order: http://www.wendellfabrics.com/mellotone/flame.html