PDA

View Full Version : CBM 170 SE Buzzing With a New Twist

dsteffen80
10-25-2007, 04:49 PM
OK...so I have a new development. It seems I can affect the buzz/reduce it to almost zero, by changing the angle of the speaker.

While a specific song was playing, which causes the speaker to buzz, I sat my speaker on the ground. The buzz was still occuring. However, I began to rotate the speaker forward, as if to lay it flat on it's face. As I angled to around 45 degrees to the ground, the buzz began to fade, and went to almost zero. Once I stood it back upright, the buzz was back. Thinking that i might be something internal to the speaker buzzing against the wall, I decided to hold the speaker face down and give it a few taps from the back. Magically, the speaker is not buzzing anymore right now. However, on the other speaker which was buzzing, this method produced slightly weaker results.

What on earth could be going on here????? I'm totally confused. Is it possible it is something inside the speaker? Is it possible the cables are somehow vibrating against the binding posts in some way? I'm back to thinking it's an issue internal to the speaker.

davef
10-25-2007, 05:38 PM
This is like a soap opera :)

I think we are back to square one -- please send the speaker back to us for FULL evaluation. It is possible that there could be an internal wire that is intermittantly buzzing against an internal part. We have the necessary test equipment that can detect this...

I think this is the very best option at this point.

JohnMichael
10-27-2007, 11:03 AM
I would take Dave up on his offer. He knows the speakers better than anyone and you might be making the problem worse trying to diagnose it yourself. He has offered twice now and I am sure he will fix the problem.

dsteffen80
10-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I definitely plan to take Dave up on his offer. I didn't really think it was the speaker, so I was trying to avoid the hassle of it all for everyone. My plan is to go ahead and send one of the speakers back (even though several make the noise slightly), along with a copy of the album which causes the most issue. That way, I can determine whether or not it is a speaker issue. If it is, I guess I'll send back the others with the slight issue. My only hold up now is finding the right sized box... :)