PDA

View Full Version : Waiting Period!?

HTMAN
08-25-2007, 03:39 PM
So, getting ready to order some Ascends, thinking 340SE's across the front and 170SE's for rears. Anyone know how long it will take to receive them? I hear they aren't built until the order is placed, so if I go ahead and order them, when will I receive them? :confused:

BradJudy
08-25-2007, 03:42 PM
I've never heard about Ascend not building items until they are ordered - I don't think that is true.

HTMAN
08-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I've never heard about Ascend not building items until they are ordered - I don't think that is true.

ok. Good. Any idea how long?

domingos1965
08-25-2007, 04:29 PM
So, getting ready to order some Ascends, thinking 340SE's across the front and 170SE's for rears. Anyone know how long it will take to receive them? I hear they aren't built until the order is placed, so if I go ahead and order them, when will I receive them? :confused:
i ordered my 170's 1 week ago i UPS IS deliverig them this coming monday
i already have the 340's

ccotenj
08-25-2007, 04:45 PM
i ordered my sierra's and 200's on tuesday and according to the ups website, they will be here this tuesday...

curtis
08-25-2007, 05:17 PM
I thought they did.

HTMAN
08-25-2007, 06:07 PM
i ordered my sierra's and 200's on tuesday and according to the ups website, they will be here this tuesday...

That's great! PRETTY GOOD TURN AROUND TIME. :D

marksanctuary
09-28-2007, 07:03 AM
I bought speakers just a while a go and they where shipped the same day I ordered them. I think that they are now able to keep up with the demand.

memphish
10-18-2007, 07:12 AM
I bought mine (340 Recert, Center, 170 Surrounds) at 11 on Monday, they shipped by 6 that day and were here CA > TN Friday afternoon.:cool:

azanon
10-18-2007, 07:54 AM
I thought they did.

You know David on a personal basis and actually stop by Ascend from time to time. Don't you know?

curtis
10-18-2007, 08:11 AM
You know David on a personal basis and actually stop by Ascend from time to time. Don't you know?
Depends on what you mean by personal...but yes, I drop by the offices to pick things up or drop things off. It is nice that they are close by.

azanon
10-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Depends on what you mean by personal...but yes, I drop by the offices to pick things up or drop things off. It is nice that they are close by.

There's more than one kind of "knowing someone personally"? Maybe that's a coloquial expression here in AR.

In any event (back on topic), I figured you'd know the answer to this offhand.

curtis
10-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Earlier, I posted that I thought the speakers were built when ordered.

Now I think they are possibly built beforehand, but tested just before they are shipped.

azanon
10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Earlier, I posted that I thought the speakers were built when ordered.

Now I think they are possibly built beforehand, but tested just before they are shipped.

I believe that's correct, from what Ive read on AVS. I think David F. has had occurrences of speakers being "backordered" in the past (such as during the initial 340SE launch); backordered being defined as not having a built speaker ready for testing/shipping the moment the order was placed.

davef
10-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Earlier, I posted that I thought the speakers were built when ordered. Now I think they are possibly built beforehand, but tested just before they are shipped.

In cases where we anticipate heavy sales (such as with initial releases or upcoming holiday seasons etc.) we will build up stock ahead of time.

Because I personally test every loudspeaker that ships, it is often the case that we need to build up some buffer stuck If I am not going to be around for a few days.

Under "normal" circumstances, we build to order.

Hope this helps :)