PDA

View Full Version : banana plugs

tank418
08-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I was woundering if any of you guys are using banana plugs with your Sierra's-1 if so, which plugs work the best ! or should I use bare wire ? with them

harsubs
08-21-2007, 09:01 AM
I was woundering if any of you guys are using banana plugs with your Sierra's-1 if so, which plugs work the best ! or should I use bare wire ? with them

I decided to use banana plugs instead of bare wire because I wasn't sure of the placement of my amp as well as my Sierras. I just bought them from monoprice and they seem solid.

blindcat7
08-21-2007, 02:38 PM
I use Bluejeans Cables adjustable banana plugs, in my case I paid the extra to have them assemble the terminals for me. I really love these little plugs. You adjust them small to unplug or plug in the cable and then adjust them up to tighten. Really nice IMO.

Chris

curtis
08-21-2007, 02:45 PM
You adjust them small to unplug or plug in the cable and then adjust them up to tighten.
Chris, those are also called locking banana plugs, right?

I use the same banana plugs that used with my 340's. Got them from Parts Express a few years back.

blindcat7
08-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Yep, those are the ones. I really like them. Pretty much all of my cables right now came from Bluejeans, Parts Express, or Monoprice. I've done bare wire, spade connectors, pin connectors, and cheap generic banana plugs and these are by far my favorites.

Chris

Chris, those are also called locking banana plugs, right?

I use the same banana plugs that used with my 340's. Got them from Parts Express a few years back.