PDA

View Full Version : Sierra have threaded holes at the bottom for stands?

badassfajita
08-18-2007, 07:02 AM
If so, whats the location of them? I prefer to bolt them on to stands and don't want to get stands that have too small of a top. thanks.

curtis
08-18-2007, 07:06 AM
No threaded inserts on the bottom, but there is one on the rear like the CMt-340SE's.

Hey...I thought your speaker search was over! :)

badassfajita
08-18-2007, 07:52 AM
I have a disease. Please help me. Someone. :)

I've got the Monitor Audio GR20 right now and like em a lot...its my bloody curiousity thats drawing me to these Sierras. The 340SE was fantastic--my only complaint was that in my open room, the low end was missing. And of course, the darn Sierras are supposed to have fantastic bass....they are drawing me in!!

I told my wife yesterday I was thinking of getting new spkrs and she looked at me like I was on crack.

So the hole is on the back and you can attach a brace of some sort to a spkr stand?

drewface
08-18-2007, 08:33 AM
here's a picture from ascend's site. you can see the threaded insert at the bottom:
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/images/products/speakers/SRM1/sr1pb_bk_lt_hr.jpg

curtis
08-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I have a disease. Please help me. Someone. :)

I've got the Monitor Audio GR20 right now and like em a lot...its my bloody curiousity thats drawing me to these Sierras. The 340SE was fantastic--my only complaint was that in my open room, the low end was missing. And of course, the darn Sierras are supposed to have fantastic bass....they are drawing me in!!

I told my wife yesterday I was thinking of getting new spkrs and she looked at me like I was on crack.

So the hole is on the back and you can attach a brace of some sort to a spkr stand?
LOL!! :D

Yes, you can make something to attach them to a stand.

Maybe you should try hooking up with Quinn to have a listen first. Just so you know it was worth it before you face the wife.