PDA

View Full Version : What are your listening habits?

jvillas
08-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Would anyone like to share there listening habits?
I would like to start by saying that I listen exclusively in 2-2.1 channel stereo.

Most often I sit centered between my 6ft' apart, and slightly toed-in 170SEs and listen usually at a moderate SPL my guess would be 80 to 85 and will listen from cd. I will play whatever i'm currently into.Often over and over again. Lately its been Lucinda Williams, Los Lobos, Lizz Wright, and Mile Davis Bitches Brew.
Of course I listen on a couch head back and eyes closed. Lenght of time can vary,but the longer I listen it becomes inevitable that the volume will increase The music just sounds so good sometimes I just got to turn it up sometimes very very loud.

This is when listening on my primary system.

My 2nd. system is connected to my computer.While it also sounds great,I'm usually busy doing other things, so often the music becomes background sound, but still enjoyable.

If I may add there are no additional enticements used while listening. Unlike when I was a bit younger.:cool::eek:

jvillas
08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I forgot to add that I'm about 10 to10.5ft away from my speakers.:)

JasonColeman
08-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Music is almost always playing at our house, though unfortunately it's not always the Sierras doing the work. We've got a Russound 4-zone amp that keeps the tunes going from room to room, indoors and out. As for the Sierras, I've got them safely tucked away in the farthest corner of our house from our 2-year-old's bedroom. As I've posted, I'm in the process of building custom Plyboo stands for my natural Sierras and I'm also going to build a wall-mounted 3-component rack for the gear in that room. In the meantime, I've got our whole setup on top of a large desk-type extension that comes off the end of a Thomasville bookshelf-style workstation. I usually sit about 7 feet away and the Sierras are about 5' apart. No sub. The current gear is a Pio Elite 55txi and 45a combo and a Music Hall MMF-5 turntable. Most of the listening is CD, though a lot has been vinyl as the Music Hall is the only TT in the house. I've really enjoyed the Sierras and only wish that I could find more time to enjoy them. After we put our son to bed, it's usually just sweeping up the pieces of yesterday's life... Hopefully when the rack and stands are built we'll make more time for dedicated listening.

J.

Gov
08-16-2007, 04:58 AM
I like to listen to redbook CD's in 5-channel stereo on my Ascend set up. I know, most people probably don't approve, but I like it anyway :D

jvillas
08-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey Gov, Two, Five, Ten, Twenty, Twenty-Five, Channels does not matter. Its all about your listening pleasure. :)

JasonColeman,Music playing all the time,and in every room, inside and outside,man, that is so cool.
Hurry-up and finish the rack and stand,your Sierras want equal time :)