PDA

View Full Version : New Sierra Owner Checking in & Info Request

harsubs
08-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Ok.. Don't have them yet. Placed my order on Friday. This is a brand new set-up for me. I was going to buy the 340s but decided that I wasn't going to wonder what the Sierra's might have sounded like so.. For the side surrounds, I'm going with the 170SEs.

Have a brand new Emotiva LMC/LPA combo and will probably buy a VTF3 Mk3 (or an SVS PC+) to round out the system.

Due to my set-up issues (basement HT, projector + screen), I have only 16 inches from the ground to the bottom of the screen. Need to find a center channel stand that is less than 15" (or build one).

Question: How far from the wall should I place the center Sierra? If I can't find a wall mount, I might have to build a stand and place it 2 feet or so from the wall and inline with the fronts. Also, at that height (or lack thereof) what is the recommended angle upwards?

Thanks.

PS: I enjoyed my lurking days, but am happy to de-lurk and am looking forward to participating.

Mike^S
08-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Congratulations on the purchase. I have three Sierras across the front and they are fantastic.

Definitely don't put any of the speakers too close to the wall. Mine are about 17 inches away and I would pull them out further if I could. I wouldn't worry about the angle of the center channel too much. If you are going to angle it up, it only needs to be a little bit.

harsubs
08-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Congratulations on the purchase. I have three Sierras across the front and they are fantastic.

Definitely don't put any of the speakers too close to the wall. Mine are about 17 inches away and I would pull them out further if I could. I wouldn't worry about the angle of the center channel too much. If you are going to angle it up, it only needs to be a little bit.

Thanks. I am looking forward to the system. I did manage to find 12" high center channel stands made by Wood Tech on buy.com. They have a wood (http://www.buy.com/prod/wood-technology-cc-12e-cc-series-hardwood-center-channel-speaker-stands/q/loc/111/90145159.html) version for about 30 bucks and a metal (http://www.buy.com/prod/wood-technology-mu-c-mu-series-metal-center-channel-speaker-stand/q/loc/111/204242708.html) one for about 40 bucks (after Google checkout discount). Those look like a perfect solution and the shelf angles up about 5 degrees.

muzz
08-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the forum harsubs!!

I have a feeling your going to really like the Sierras.
Let us know how they work out for ya.:D