PDA

View Full Version : sierra-1 woofer

tank418
07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
In reading about the new sierra -1 speaker the tweeter is made by SERS of norway and I cant find anything about the woofer, like who makes it ?

logicology
07-24-2007, 05:56 PM
I can't find a post where Dave mentions who makes it. But he said this about them:

"the woofers were fully designed by us"

Quinn
07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
I can't find a post where Dave mentions who makes it. But he said this about them:

"the woofers were fully designed by us"

Somewhere in all that info it also says the drivers are a multi-vendor effort.

BTW- OP it is SEAS not SERS.

tank418
07-25-2007, 06:52 AM
sorry for the mis-spellings of SEAS does anyone anything about this woofer ?

Mag_Neato
07-25-2007, 07:16 AM
We only know what has been posted by Dave. It is designed by Ascend and manufactured exclusively for them. I don't believe Dave mentioned the company who builds them. I don't think he ever named the maker of the polygel woofers in the 170/340's either, though I may just have missed that somewhere. It does not really affect my decision to own the Sierra's not knowing who builds the woofer. They satisfied Dave's criteria, who's standards for his components are WAY higher than anyone buying his speakers.

Let's just say that the woofer is very high quality, and very high performance, which is no surprise to Sierra-1 owners.

Quinn
07-25-2007, 07:51 AM
I don't think he ever named the maker of the polygel woofers in the 170/340's either, though I may just have missed that somewhere.

The poly-gel woofers are also a custom built proprietary woofer that Dave designed.

logicology
07-25-2007, 07:57 AM
I agree. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't care if the woofers in the Sierra's were manufactured by monkeys. It is a legitimate question for the sake of curiosity. But don't let it sway your decision to purchase. Once you hear it you will care very little about the manufacturing process. Although, I still gaze in awe at the beautiful craftsmanship. I'd like to meet the furniture maker who made the cabinets. :)

tjennings
07-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh man, you are getting me fired up on the Sierra-1's, I need to save my pennies MUCH FASTER now! :-)