PDA

View Full Version : Forum server change / software update

davef
07-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

Early this morning we changed the forum server and the forum software was updated. If you tried to access and the server was down, I sincerely apologize.

I believe the transition went smoothly but if you notice any problems, please let me know ASAP.

I believe there are even a few new features :)

Enjoy!!

mattopia
07-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Was doing some follow-up testing and noticed the timezone of the new forum software reverted to GMT-4 (our time zone) instead of GMT-7 (your time zone). It was GMT-7 prior to your forum change.

Just a note.

Matt
CybrHost

drewface
07-15-2007, 02:25 PM
the forum listings don't show the date as "Today" or "Yesterday" when the last posts were from these days anymore... i always liked that feature because it was easier to quickly scan the different forums to see which had new posts in them. you can still do that with the full dates that are now shown, but it's not as convenient...

other than that, i believe i have noticed better performance since the upgrade.

davef
07-17-2007, 12:04 AM
the forum listings don't show the date as "Today" or "Yesterday" when the last posts were from these days anymore... i always liked that feature because it was easier to quickly scan the different forums to see which had new posts in them. you can still do that with the full dates that are now shown, but it's not as convenient... other than that, i believe i have noticed better performance since the upgrade.

Got it.. thanks!

drewface
07-17-2007, 05:22 AM
Got it.. thanks!no, thank you! that was a pleasant surprise for this morning :D

NOTE: now it seems like the forum links at the bottom of the page are gone. it was nice having a way to get back to the forum listing without scrolling back up to the top of the page or using the back button.

muzz
07-17-2007, 04:24 PM
NOTE: now it seems like the forum links at the bottom of the page are gone. it was nice having a way to get back to the forum listing without scrolling back up to the top of the page or using the back button.

This is absolutely true, I sure hope you guys can get that feature back as well.

davef
07-18-2007, 01:05 AM
It's back.. :)

muzz
07-18-2007, 04:58 AM
It's back.. :)

Excellent!!

drewface
07-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Excellent!!agreed! much better. :D