PDA

View Full Version : Well, after a VERY happy 3+ years, the Ascends are gone! :(

GrahamMc
06-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I had to make a very difficult decision recently, and it ended with the sale of my entire Ascend/Hsu setup. I have bragged on these speakers and the PHENOMENAL customer service since day 1. But, since my purchase, I have started my own home theater company. I don't have a showroom, so my home has to serve as a demo location. I had a friend over a few weeks ago that was in the process of putting a theater together and we had already decided on most of his equipment (including speakers) but wanted to come check out my setup to get an idea of what to expect. Well, as most people are, he was incredibly impressed by the Ascends (2 340s, 3 170s, and a Hsu STF-2). I'm an HAA certified audio calibrator, so everything was balanced well and the sub was just right. He called me the next day and said he was going to buy Ascends instead of the speakers he had picked out. If I weren't trying to make money too, I would have been more than happy to hang onto these guys forever and continue recommending them to everyone I meet. But, as long as people keep hearing them and deciding to buy from Dave instead of me, I can't make any money!! Sorry, Dave! I've never dealt with a better company. Dave and James are both fine gentlemen to work with and their products speak for themselves. Thanks for everything!!

Graham McCollum

P.S. The Ascends have been replaced with Totem Arros and Dreamcatchers. So far, I'm pretty impressed with the Totems for their size (wow, do the Ascends look huge now!!) but we'll see what I think after I re-calibrate.

curtis
06-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Sorry to see you go, but have you asked Ascend if you could be some kind of a reseller?

Probably not the same margins...but worth a shot.

GrahamMc
06-09-2007, 02:27 PM
You know, that's not a bad idea. I'll talk to Dave and see, I just figured internet direct was the only option, but it's surely worth a shot. I'd be happy to sell the Totems and get more Ascends!! :) Thanks Curtis, and your posts have always been incredibly helpful!

Graham

LawrenceJ
06-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Good luck with your business , but I would defiantly take up Curtis's advice , heck lets be honest, those Sierras will sell themselves just on looks :)