PDA

View Full Version : Stands for Sierra... Any difference?

GirgleMirt
05-27-2007, 07:02 PM
So buying stands for the Sierra... The Lovan piano black (http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4993&strVarSel=12729) looks nice and it can support up to 100 pounds. I guess that's good. Only issue, 140$US, + 40$ (at least?) ship + 30$ brokerage = 210$us, so about 230$ canadian.

For just a little more you can get a Target stand (http://www.targethifi.co.uk/4598/4790.html), not the one with the 4 columns (MR), the one with the two big ones (HR), which is really heavy/massive. The Target should be more solid/heavy than the Lovan, but it's not piano black...

Besides, there's some usual sand fillable wooden ones or some with 1 little rectangular column or two cylindrical columns, around 1/2 price of the Lovan and 1/3 of the Target... So which ones would Ascend recommend?

I've read differing opinions, some say it's like cables, other say it's really worth it to get a good stand...

GirgleMirt
05-28-2007, 10:43 AM
"So which ones would Ascend recommend?"

Btw, I didn't mean Ascend as in company.. I meant boards, anyone can answer :p Think I'm leaning towards target... But just because there doesn't seem to be an in-between, well the between would be the Lowan, but it would come to like 250 vs 300$cdn for Target so... Might as well get the mammoth stand and never look back for 50$...

heystew
01-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Anyone have this setup yet and care to share a picture?

rogerm
01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
I've read differing opinions, some say it's like cables, other say it's really worth it to get a good stand...[/QUOTE]

You may want to check out Skylan Stands. They make beautiful speaker stands and are located in Calgary. They will make the top plate to your specs and have lots of options. [url]http://www.skylanstands.com

tank418
01-25-2008, 07:11 AM
I have the lovan stands in black and they like great !!!!! got them from a local dealer for around 120.00

Pilk
01-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Do you have to screw into the bottom of the Sierras to use the Lovan stands? I haven't gotten my Sierra's so I'm not sure what the bottom is like, but don't remember any mounting holes on the bottom. Anyone?

Mag_Neato
01-25-2008, 11:04 AM
The Sierras are flat and smooth on the bottom with no holes. I simply have mine resting atop their stands using gravity to keep them there. Theres small rubber pads at each corner of the top plate they sit on. Thats it!

Pilk
01-25-2008, 11:35 AM
The Sierras are flat and smooth on the bottom with no holes. I simply have mine resting atop their stands using gravity to keep them there. Theres small rubber pads at each corner of the top plate they sit on. Thats it!

You obviously don't have 5 boys two cats and a dog! :eek: Mine are going on/in a built in entertainment center, but I was considering stands to the outside of the center. I think I will just leave them in the original spots. Thanks for the reply.

Mag_Neato
01-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I have a 13 year old son and 9 year old daughter, but they don't live with me. I bought the Sierras just before I moved into my own place, so they never saw them until I set them up at my place. They never paid them any attention while they were over. I decided to leave the grills off since it was just me. I caught my daughter pumping the left speaker's woofer cone in and out with her hand:eek:. I quickly put the fear of God in her and now keep the grills on. You just can't be too cautious with kids.

Happy listening!

tank418
01-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I have filled the stands with sand the speakers are just sitting on the stands