PDA

View Full Version : Sierras finish: What's your vote?

Abhi
05-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Now we have to choose between the cabinet finishes, what's your vote?

drewface
05-25-2007, 07:37 PM
i'd probably go with the piano black. while i think the natural finish looks better than most speakers with a wood veneer or something like that, i still prefer solid black speakers.

Sangone
05-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I was at the Ascend Acoustics facility this past Thursday and met David. I purchased the piano black. He was good enough to let me look at the natural bamboo finish. They are both very nice.

My speakers are going into a custom cabinet so color isn't as important and the black would ultimately be a better match. The piano finish will require significantly greater amount of TLC. The bamboo finish is really stunning and looks better in person than the few pictures I have seen. It (the finish) also looks and feel much more durable and more "kid-friendly."

My vote is piano black because that's what I bought. Bamboo/natural is a good bet if this finish fits your decor and you are looking for durability.

David - thanks much. I hope to have many years of enjoyment w/ your speakers!

Jonnyozero3
06-09-2007, 04:49 AM
Well, I was set on Bamboo for a few weeks. And I mean set. And then it came time to order. I looked at the photos one last time and went...."yeah...gotta have the piano black."

Time to go buy more microfiber!

:D

PS: The black will match the decor in my HT much better than the natural, unfortunately.

steveklein
06-09-2007, 10:24 AM
i voted piano black... though i guess if price was no issue, the custom finish would be a no brainer... seeing as how they can match any color.