PDA

View Full Version : Mounting HTM200s with included screws/bolts?

sensibull
05-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Forgive the elementary question, but I actually did a search and didn't find anything.

How would someone go about wall-mounting the HTM200s using only the 1/4 x 20 inserts (screws)? Ascend advertises these as an "easy" option but I can't figure out the best way to do it.

JackT
05-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Forgive the elementary question, but I actually did a search and didn't find anything.

How would someone go about wall-mounting the HTM200s using only the 1/4 x 20 inserts (screws)? Ascend advertises these as an "easy" option but I can't figure out the best way to do it.

I think you must have a mount. It's easy relative to drilling your own screws into the cabinet. (I have done both with the HTMs)

BGHD
05-09-2007, 10:35 PM
I think some people use picture hanging hardware that you can get from any hardware store. Use a strand of wire or cable wrapped around each bolt and then spanning between them. Then use an appropriately sized picture hanging hook to hold the speaker in place. Well, at least that's how I might do it.

davef
05-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Forgive the elementary question, but I actually did a search and didn't find anything.How would someone go about wall-mounting the HTM200s using only the 1/4 x 20 inserts (screws)? Ascend advertises these as an "easy" option but I can't figure out the best way to do it.

Hi Sensibull,

You need a wall mount to mount them. What makes it an "easy" option is that the speaker has built in inserts to accommodate many different types of wall mount brackets -- no drilling, no damage to the cabinet etc.

We recommend these mounts: http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/access/brackets/omni_series20.html but many others will work too.

Take care!

sensibull
05-10-2007, 05:00 AM
I think some people use picture hanging hardware that you can get from any hardware store. Use a strand of wire or cable wrapped around each bolt and then spanning between them. Then use an appropriately sized picture hanging hook to hold the speaker in place. Well, at least that's how I might do it.

Interesting idea, BGHD. Might have to give that a whirl. This is for my brother, and unfortunately he's pretty much tapped his funds at the moment or else he would be going with a proper mount.

audibleconnoisseur
05-10-2007, 06:45 AM
I cut holes in my wall and inserted them inside the holes. You can mount them flush or angle them although many will say you should not angle them directly at the LP if you can avoid it. Mine are about 9' high so I had a need to angle them a little. Either way they look really great in the wall and since they are enclosed, the sound is not negatively affected! Good luck and if you don't mind a little work, cut a hole in the wall and slide them in there and put a frame around them and there you have it, a great answer to an age old question!

S_rangeBrew
05-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi Sensibull,

You need a wall mount to mount them. What makes it an "easy" option is that the speaker has built in inserts to accommodate many different types of wall mount brackets -- no drilling, no damage to the cabinet etc.

We recommend these mounts: http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/access/brackets/omni_series20.html but many others will work too.

Take care!

I'm using the BTECH BT33 wall mounts. They are rated for 8lbs, but they hold up the 9lb HTM-200s like a champ. They are much lower profile and cheaper than the the Omnimounts. I'm not sure why David doesn't sell them anymore, but everyone on here who has used them with the 200s, love 'em.

JackT
05-18-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm using the BTECH BT33 wall mounts. They are rated for 8lbs, but they hold up the 9lb HTM-200s like a champ. They are much lower profile and cheaper than the the Omnimounts. I'm not sure why David doesn't sell them anymore, but everyone on here who has used them with the 200s, love 'em.

I'll have to dissent on that one. I found the BT33 to be BARELY adequate for the task of holding up the HTM-200, and you can forget using them for mounting horizontally (unless the speaker is otherwise supported.) The 33's work, but they do not give one a feeling of confidence. Also, aren't the HTMs 8 lbs, not 9?