PDA

View Full Version : Quad 22L

RoadWarrior
04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Curtis, thanks for the recommendation of the Chesky CD. A wonderful CD and it helps non Audiophiles listen for certain things in speakers. My favorite tracks are 2 and 9. I've gone hog wild now listening & testing everything. I know I mentioned RS6. Don't care too much for Monitor now and a lot of other speakers. :D

Everyone...I listened to Quad 22L tonight. I was blown away. Wonderful!! Had detailed highs with crystal clarity. Neutral. Reproduction of sound was superb. My only concern is that this dealer had a tube Amp (can't remember the name) and a pre called Acoustic something?? Concerned I won't get the same sound if I bring them home and use a "mere" Yamaha 2700 type receiver or something else. I know the Ascends would sound nice with Yamaha.

340'S and Quads are similar. Curious to know if anyone else on forum has listened to both Quad 22L & 340SE? Thoughts?

Thanks

curtis
04-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Do you have 340SE's? If so, ask the shop if you can bring them in to compare to the 22L's.

The 22L's are floorstanders around $1500/pr....right?

RoadWarrior
04-19-2007, 03:45 AM
Yes, they retail for around that price. But, can get them between $1,000-$1,300.
A friend of mine has the 340 Ascends. It is difficult when you can't hear them side by side. I will see if dealer will allow this. Sometimes in these boutique dealers, they get annoyed when you bring something like Ascend. I have a gut feeling that this guy will not do it. Don't be afraid, stand by your product. :D
They do sound similar except for bass on Quad has a slight edge. Not concerned about that. Sub will take care of that.

We shall see. Testing speakers can drive you nuts. Kepp changing mind.