PDA

View Full Version : The wait is almost over

Soundz Reborn
03-17-2007, 12:06 PM
I should have had my home theater system yeas ago but never did buy it. Recently I have been auditioning the BP7006's for $600 each from Definitive Technology. I found them to be lacking in highs and vocals. The BP7004's sounded better but for the $800 per speaker is more than I want to pay. Has anyone compared the Ascend 340's to the Def Tech's or Paradigm line?

I am planning on buying my home theater system no later than mid April. The unit I will be using them with is the Denon 2307ci.

Been talking to my dad on what I am looking at and he is weary of book shelf speakers sounding any good.

Thanks for your imput.

curtis
03-17-2007, 12:47 PM
If you want, bring your dad and yourself up to Manhattan Beach.....you two are more than welcome to listen to my system. CMT-340SE's in front, and CBM-170SE's for surrounds.

bikeman
03-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Has anyone compared the Ascend 340's to the Def Tech's or Paradigm line?
My next door neighbor has Paradigm Studio 40's. He comes over to listen to my system but I no longer go over to listen to his. I wouldn't trade for anything but I think he would. ;) I haven't heard the Def Tech's.

Been talking to my dad on what I am looking at and he is weary of book shelf speakers sounding any good.
Take Curtis up on his offer. Dad will be in for a real treat. Let us know how things progress.

David