PDA

View Full Version : Three 340C's across the front

CobyH
03-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Ok.....talk to me. For packaging concerns, it would be beneficial to have my lcr all lay down....so, basically, three center channels. Coupla questions..and don't shy from bein' technical, I'm an engineer of a different flavor and I'm here to learn.

1. Is the 340C's only difference from the 340SE the EXBAC? I don't believe I need that...the face of the speaker will be some 10 or more inches from the 9ft wide screen above or the halfwall below, with several inches of gap between either entity.

2. How would positioning the 340SE (or C) horizontally, and perhaps toeing them in a tad, affect the imaging and the size and characteristics of the sweet spot? My current fronts are AR312HO's from 12 years ago....VERY good imaging, but the sweet spot is seriously only a couple of inches wide. I'm looking at the 340's over many others I've looked at because of the power handling, the MTM arrangement, the quality of the drivers, and the price point. So far the DIY setups out there don't seem to be worth it from a cost perspective, especially since my woodworking skills are not good.

Thanks for any light you can shed here; it's much appreciated.