PDA

View Full Version : HTM-200's as rears?

Lizard_King
03-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I am close to putting my system together and i thinking of using the HTM-200 as Rear. I have a 340C and the HTM-200 should go well and it is much easier to mount on the wall via it's mount.

How will the HTM-200 sound compared to the might CMT-170 when playing music, movies, and games?

I really need to know so please write and give me your feedback

Thanks in Advance.

ebh
03-03-2007, 11:29 PM
200s will sound great. if they fit your space best, i say there is no reason not to go with them. if you do a ton of surround music listening some will say to match all the speakers, but unless this is your serious passion the 200s will perform admirably for a variety of content. i do not notice any timbre matching issues or anything else when watching movies or playing games. just excellent sound all around. i do not listen to surround formatted CDs, but have listened to some 5.1 music on HD channels as well as concert DVDs, and think they are great speakers.

bikeman
03-04-2007, 04:03 AM
How will the HTM-200 sound compared to the might CMT-170 when playing music, movies, and games?
What ebh said. The 200's go where the 170's just won't fit and they do it so well.

David

Lizard_King
03-04-2007, 06:19 AM
Thanks EBH and Bikeman. I will use a pair of HTM-200's as Rear speakers and maybe even as surround speakers one day half way between my my rears and the components.

I also plan on using thge Ascend speaker cable. I have heard it before and feel it is a tremendous performer/value cable.

Any thoughts on that ?

Liz

debo
03-04-2007, 02:40 PM
I had the HTM-200's for surrounds and I upgraded to the CBM-170SE's and I'm very gald I did. I listen to alot of muti-channel music and I noticed pleasant difference. I fill they are seamless with the CMT-340SE's to the point I can't tell the speakers apart. I even notice more detail in the surround sound in movies as well.
Maybe you should buy all of the speakers and return the ones that don't fit your needs and then you will only be out shipping and not what if.

drewface
03-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I also plan on using thge Ascend speaker cable. I have heard it before and feel it is a tremendous performer/value cable.

Any thoughts on that ?i use it on the 340s across the front. i think it sounds great, and the fact that it has four separate strands of cable running through it makes bi-wiring extremely simple. having said that, in most cases it would be overkill for speakers that aren't bi-wirable (is that even a word?), but if you want to match your cable all around, go ahead. for my surrounds i use some generic brand 14-gauge car audio speaker wire (it was just over half the price of the name-brand "Home Theatre" speaker wire in the electronics department), and they sound great.