PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I'm pumped, just ordered but need help from Canucks

bigd
02-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Just off the phone and ordered a system from Dave, 340's front, 170's rear and all floor stands for front and rear. Do any of the Canucks here have any advice to offer regarding Customs forms .... UPS is delivering .... they will be shipped next Tuesday ( Feb 21). Dave figured there may be a saving by filling out some forms myself :confused: Anyone know some details on how this happens to expedite the shipment :confused: :confused:

Thanks guys ... later I will pursue receiver and subwoofer recommends. Had to dump my Klipsch Cornwalls on ebay as there is no room in this condo for speakers that size. Hoping these sound better and not as harsh/bright on the high end. ..... later .... bigd

MrTomasulo
02-16-2007, 03:27 PM
If you're going with an AVR, one recommendation here for an HK model. They mate very well with Ascends.

GirgleMirt
02-16-2007, 04:52 PM
You can call UPS and go fill out the papers yourself. You'd save like 75$ for a pair of 340SE + Stands, I guess more for a whole system. Catch is... You have to go pick up the papers to UPS, then go do the brokerage at Douanes Canada and then go back to UPS to pick up your stuff.

The brokerage itself takes about 5 minutes, you can bring your Ascend receipt to help speed things up. You'll have to pay the taxes and thats it. But then again, you have to get your stuff from UPS so I hope you got some decent trunk space!

So call UPS when you got your tracking number. Ask where you'd go pick up the papers (UPS) and where you'd go do the brokerage, they shouldn't normally be very far from each other, and then if the thing makes sens tell them that you'll do the brokerage.

bigd
02-17-2007, 09:01 AM
GirgleMirt:

I'll go through those hoops for $75 .... especially when it cuts out UPS from making fast bucks on $10 worth of paperwork (being generous with that number). Just the info I was looking for.

You'd think as you get a little older that making purchases for cars, sporting gear, stereo etc. would generate a little less excitement :)

==============================================

MrTomasulu:
Thanks also for the HK recommendation, Ascend can't ship them out of US ... have to do my searching locally. The biggest factor may be to find a receiver that isn't harsh on the high end. My Klipsch with a Yamaha receiver started to sound a little bright as I aged (seems my ears grew up and I lagged behind). Don't know what I need yet but I understand some are less bright on the high end, want something known to be slightly mellower.

Thanks for the help ....bigd

Biscayne
02-17-2007, 09:18 AM
I'd have to agree with the HK recommendation. I got one of their remanufactured 230's from here for a little over $200 and couldn't be happier.
http://www.harmanaudio.com/
Good luck!