PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Some success after many setbacks!(LONG)

dan121
02-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Alright heres my short story involving all these things.

First I ordered my sub and 5.1 setup from Hsu and Ascend respectively(170/340/170+200s surround with
They arrived shortly after Christmas, howeva... one of my 170s was busted up and a week later after some extremely great customer service I was back in business.

Only to find out my AVR-235 is busted, or I thought. Turns out four days later I find out from their phone call that when I was moving my receiver I knocked balance all the way to the right.

School and life in general delayed me some more though.

Last week I got a drill and was ready to go to work and finally over the past few days I was able to get the holes drilled and attempted hook up #1 which was decided a failure due to the ball not being tight enough. Another set back after a step forward though, yesterday I was in a college class bowling and I sprain my finger(or worse, I dont remember a sprain hurting this bad) putting some spin on the ball just so I could pick up the 7/9 split.

Today was my day off so I figured why not attempt again. I took apart the whole mount the other day and I tightened the hell out of that ball with a wrench and all my strength. It took me about 5 LONG minutes trying to get the speaker attached to the omnimount bracket with my one arm and my splint keep bumping up against the wall while trying to screw in those screws while standing on a chair. It ended up having the tweeter only about 1-2 inches above my listening position too with 5 inches of port space.

I am listening to some music out of just my left speaker only and damn it sounds great. I have heard ****, klipsch, and JBL in similar set ups and can tell I have made the right decision.

All in all this has been a hell of a learning experience of how to connect banana plugs, locate studs, strip wire, and place speakers. Even though I only have 1/5 placed, I shouldn't have any problem and already have my AVIA disk ready.

I will be sure to add the rest of my comments when I get the rest up, but it might be a while because I can't hold my drill with this splint on my ring finger.

drewface
02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
haha. that's a great story. good luck with the rest of the speakers. :D