PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to wall mount front speakers?

dan121
01-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Is there anything to look out for other then having the bottom tweeter a few inches about the listening area?

Also, will any nut work for the Omnibracket 20.0? One of mine that I got today didn't include one of the nuts needed for the ascend speaker and they were all sold out after that.

audibleconnoisseur
01-09-2007, 11:56 AM
They should be away from the walls or bookshelfs if possible. I have been told that a minimum or 6-8" is needed for them to image and sound better. The CBM's apparently need to have at least 3" as the brackets allow for this so it seems to be fine. I would, however, put them further out from the wall if the space and soundstage calls for it.

Not in your question, but I would pair them with a HSU sub (or another of comprable quality) if you have the funds. While they can play to an admirable level... you will be missing a bit of midrange and a lot of lower Hz material without it. Enjoy!

dan121
01-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I already got the HSU 2 Mk3, its just sitting in my corner crying for things to be hooked up.

audibleconnoisseur
01-10-2007, 06:50 AM
You are going to love it!!! I was the first owner in the US to have the VTF-2 MK 3 and proud of it. I put it straight to work and have been testing and playing and adjusting it ever since to find that BEST mis of punch and boom when needed. I don't fully have the phase and crossover decided as I have placed it in a few areas for a while but when I do I am certain that it will sound even better! Any movie you watch, you will be able to hear and feel some really great stuff. I would recommend the near field placement as it is best for "moving" your couch and the feel of that is incredible for movies. They spend millions working on the tracks and sound for the viewer and experience and HSU has done a damn good job of helping reproduce those lower level Hz tones!