PDA

View Full Version : How close are you to start shipping again?

steve68
01-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I ordered my speakers shortly after Christmas and received a reply that they would be shipping out in about two and half weeks due to selling out over the holidays. Just curious if that target date is still looking good.

Thanks,
Steve

BradJudy
01-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I placed an order for a 340c SE over New Year's and Dave said 1-1.5 weeks, so I'm guessing shipping will start again this week.

Dave just left for CES, but maybe someone else from Ascend will chime in.

Wiluven
01-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I was told by James that they are getting everything in this Wednesday or Thursday and will be shipping everything out Thursday/Friday.

I really hope nothing has changed - I have just about everything ready to go (all hardware in, stands and omnimounts setup, wires ran, etc)

steve68
01-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Right now the wiring for my rear surrounds is proving to be more difficult than I suspected. I just ordered a 52 inch long flexible drill bit that will hopefully cure this problem. I'm only lacking the speakers for hardware. I have an SVS PB10-NSD sub, Onkyo SR804 receiver, and a Mitsubishi HC3000U projector. I still have to build the riser for my rear seating and then a component shelf. I ordered the CBM170SE for front left and right, a 340SE for the center with a pair of HTM200's for the rears. Still a long way to go so there isn't any big rush on the speakers. I would like to get everything hooked up for a trial run though.

Steve

Mike613
01-08-2007, 03:13 PM
It looks like I am not the only one looking forward to these speakers. I have my speaker stands set up, wires ready, etc. I assume they are doing one batch shipment when the parts come in. I ordered Dec. 22 and was told 3 weeks as well.

Wiluven
01-08-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm going to be really bummed if it's later....really really bummed haha.

Sam1000
01-08-2007, 05:02 PM
well, I think if there's a good time to announce a new product, it would be at CES. So keeping that in mind, Dave might be saving you a buyer's remorse of not buying a new product(Imagine, if he annouces a tower speaker at CES) :D

Well I had to wait for over a month for my 340s last summer, but let me tell you, the wait was worth it :D

BradJudy
01-08-2007, 06:11 PM
There's no reason for Ascend to announce anything at CES. They don't have a show presence and choosing to announce something now just ensures that the news gets lost in all of the coverage of big company announcements at CES.

musicforme
01-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I placed my order shortly after New Year's Day. James informed me at that time they were expecting inventory by January 12th which is this coming Friday.

I hope I get them before the 19th since I'm going out of town on the 21st for business for a couple of days. :)

Quinn
01-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Dave and James are at CES this week. That is why there is no post from them on time frames.

Wiluven
01-11-2007, 07:57 AM
James e-mailed me back and told me that he can't promise my order will ship on the 12th, but promised it would ship no later than the 15th.

I assume all your orders will fit in the same timeline but not sure.

musicforme
01-11-2007, 04:38 PM
For what it is worth, I received a receipt via e-mail this afternoon. Hopefully I'll receive a shipping notice in the next day or two. :D

EDIT: Just got a shipping notice. Should have them on Tuesday. :):)

davef
01-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for being so patient with us :)

We are back in full production on all products. I would estimate that we will be fully caught up on all backorders by Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Wiluven
01-12-2007, 07:47 PM
I have company coming in next weekend from out of town - if you just happen to ship mine out earlier then that, you will hear no complaints from me!

Thanks Dave :D

steve68
01-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Got my shipping notice and ups tracking number! Thanks Dave!

Steve