PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling mount HTM-200's horizontally?

mccullpl
12-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi all, I'm Pat, and this is my first post!

I'm finishing my basement and the only way to moung the surrounds is from the ceiling. Since the ceiling is only ~7.5 ft, mounting the 200's vertically would make them head knockers. I searched and found that mounting them harizontally is perfectly fine, but since the mounting holes are on on end of the speakers, what's the best way to mount them (and the best mounts to mount them with). Would I have to new mounting holes in the speakers?

Thanks!
Pat

curtis
12-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi all, I'm Pat, and this is my first post!

I'm finishing my basement and the only way to moung the surrounds is from the ceiling. Since the ceiling is only ~7.5 ft, mounting the 200's vertically would make them head knockers. I searched and found that mounting them harizontally is perfectly fine, but since the mounting holes are on on end of the speakers, what's the best way to mount them (and the best mounts to mount them with). Would I have to new mounting holes in the speakers?

Thanks!
Pat
Hi Pat....welcome to the forum.

I don't think you would need to drill new holes in the speakers...and I would definitely advise against that.

I would think there are mounts that would let you turn the speakers 90 degrees.

mccullpl
12-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks Curtis. My concern was that since the mounting holes would be at one end, it would be applying a fair bit of torque to the mount. Maybe I'll just have to find out for myself!

Thanks,
Pat

curtis
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
I think you would be OK. The 200's are not overly large or heavy.

mccullpl
12-14-2006, 11:40 AM
You're probably right. By the way, do you know if the 200's have a specific 'right' and 'left'? or is a pair 2 identical speakers? I ask because of the tweeter being offset to one side.

Thanks

Gov
12-14-2006, 12:19 PM
You're probably right. By the way, do you know if the 200's have a specific 'right' and 'left'? or is a pair 2 identical speakers? I ask because of the tweeter being offset to one side.

Thanks

I do not believe it matters