PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Surround Speaker stands: 61" tall!

Jonnyozero3
12-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Check these out:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OnStage-Stands-SMS6000-Monitor-Stand-Buy-One-Get-One-Free?sku=452067

$69.99 per stand . That's an on sale price, and they also buy one get one free right now. Standard price is $94.99 per stand. Fills a niche for those of us that can't have/don't want permanent shelves or mounts.

This practical, height-adjustable, near-field monitor stand incorporates a stable 3-point triangle base with leveling floor spikes. The heavy-duty vertical shaft is height adjustable from 34-5/8" to 61-7/16" and has safety pin holes for maximum security. Welded steel construction. Top plate measures 9" square. 100 lbs. capacity. Black finish.

On-Stage Stands SMS-6000 Monitor Stand Buy One Get One Free Features:

* Tripod base with leveling floor spikes
* Height-adjustable from 34-5/8" to 61-7/16"
* Safety-pinned shaft
* Welded steel construction
* 100 lbs. capacity

Yup, I just ordered two pair for myself.

muzz
12-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Looks good Jonny, I have my surrounds on brackets, but yeah, those will do nicely for folks that don't want, or can't use, brackets.
Thats a great price as well!!

Have fun,

m

Jonnyozero3
12-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, brackets were a tough sell for me: my walls: one side 1/4" drywall with oddly-spaced studs, the last three sides are 1/4" drywall, 1/2" rigid foam insulation, then....CONCRETE. Makes things a little complicated for mounting. Especially since on the back wall Ias think it's shallow concrete and then the brick facade of the front of my house.

Anyhow, these were everything I was hoping for. :)

shane55
12-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Jonny...
These look great!
What are you going to do to secure the speaker to the plate?

(and I forget... what do you have for surrounds?)

shane

Jonnyozero3
12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I picked up two pair of B-stock 170SE's from the Holiday Special, so my two L/R Classics are going to be back surrounds, and the SE's are going upfront L/R as well as sitting side surround duty :). My goal is to get to SE's all around with 340's across the front, hopefully sometime next year after some debts are paid.

Anyhow, I'm going to try using just some large sticky velcro patches on the bottoms of the speakers. The plate on the stands are 9" square, so they should hold the speakers nicely. I asked for "blu-tack" (sp?) at Lowe's and the guy thought I was nuts :) I have no idea what it actually is, so I just went with the sticky velcro.

shane55
12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Yup...
Velcro is what I use. So far, so good... but no big shakers out here yet!:eek:

Oh, great idea... the 340's across the front are fantastic. You'll really love that combo.

shane

bikeman
12-13-2006, 03:06 AM
Check these out:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OnStage-Stands-SMS6000-Monitor-Stand-Buy-One-Get-One-Free?sku=452067

$69.99 per stand . That's an on sale price, and they also buy one get one free right now. Standard price is $94.99 per stand. Fills a niche for those of us that can't have/don't want permanent shelves or mounts.
Yup, I just ordered two pair for myself.
We use a pair of these in my wife's band. Can't imagine using them at home. Definitely report back.

David

ebh
12-13-2006, 09:14 AM
i ended going with some sanus stands for my surrounds (the surrounds are totally awesome btw, make things much more immersive). http://www.audio-video-furniture.com/Sanus-HF1-Adjustable-Satellite-Speaker-Stands.htm

they go up to 58", and i don't even have them up that high. only thing is they are rated for only 10lbs. fine for my 200s, but not sure about 170s. tho they do seem sturdy. when i redo my setup when my tv comes maybe ill put my 170s on the stand just to see if it seems precarious.

wife doesn't like the look, so when we move hopefully i can wallmount, but otherwise really enjoying finally having a 5.1 setup.

Jonnyozero3
12-13-2006, 09:44 AM
We use a pair of these in my wife's band. Can't imagine using them at home. Definitely report back.

David

Really? interesting. My dad uses them for his band and he recommended them to me when I told him I needed something that went pretty high. I couldn't find anything else that looked stable or had a decently sized top plate for the 170s, especially considering the 14lb weight.

Why don't you think they're good at home? Too big? I'm a single guy in my own place, so I can probably make them work :D

bikeman
12-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Why don't you think they're good at home? Too big?
Yep.

I'm a single guy in my own place, so I can probably make them work :D
Problem solved. Enjoy. :cool:

David

Jonnyozero3
12-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Yep.

David

Lol :p

Cost was a helper as well. In the words of my folk hero Borat, "that's ah-niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice."

S_rangeBrew
12-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Yep.

David

LOL.

I think I saw those stands at a Van Halen concert. That makes them damn cool.

My wife would no doubt think otherwise.

I'm curious as to what she will think of the 340s on the BT77 wall mounts. I will give a full report. She liked the HTM-200s on the BT33 mounts.