PDA

View Full Version : Keeping 340SE's attached to monitor-style stands

JHZR2
10-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi,

I asked this in the 'alternative stands' sticky, but I think it is deservant of its own thread.

I bought CMT-340SE speakers for a 2.1 setup. Im super happy... Since the Ascend stands were backordered, and the fiancee preferred the look of 'monitor' type stands, I got the wood technology MU-24 stands instead, a picture of which are shown in the alternate stands sticky mentioned previously.

These stands have a top base of 6.5x6.5". Certainly big enough to hold the speakers without issue... no problems at all, except securing them.

Is blue tacky goo the best solution, in reality?? I can't imagine that there is a real decent mechanical solution, unless the hole for attaching to the aqscend stands with the braket is utilized with some sort of fabricated attachment clamped to the stand.

So, what have you done, either with your ascends or any other speakers, to attach them to a monitor-style stand???

Many thanks!

JMH

curtis
10-12-2006, 08:36 PM
at local hardware stores you can purchase something call earthquake putty or blu-tak. A putty like substance that helps the speaker "stick" to the base.

Jorge_Burrito
10-13-2006, 11:03 AM
The Blue-tak really does work suprisingly well. Just roll up a couple pea sized balls, place on the stand base and then press hard on your speaker. One of my speakers is right on the path to the laundry room and has been bumped many a time, but never has worked loose from the stand.