PDA

View Full Version : UPS strikes again

talannar
08-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Today I received the HTM-200's and 340SEC that would finish my system and this is what UPS shows up with. The 340's box had a small depression, but it wasn't too bad and everything on the inner box was ok. Take a look at the HTM-200 box though.

My UPS guy is a local, and he's delivered a lot of stuff to my place so we're pretty friendly. He went ahead and marked in his system that the box came in opened in case I had any problems.

I had him open the box up while he was there. I was hoping on seeing the damage that these would be double boxed, like the 340's, but they were braced with styrofoam only. I pulled them out and took a look. The speaker on that side doesn't look like it was damaged in any way, so that's good. I'm going to hook them up after dinner and see how they sound. I'll keep you posted.

Lou-the-dog
08-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Ouch!! If you don't see any physical damage I'll bet you are good to go. As you say, a good listen will confirm this. Good luck and congrats on your new purchase!!

Randy

BGHD
08-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Either way, I'd think Ascend would take care of you, right?

KojiroTakenashi
08-31-2006, 12:01 AM
Actually, UPS should take care of him. All he needs to do is file a claim with them...

UPS is great. I worked a seasonal job with them for Christmas. It's FedEx you have to look out for...They broke our Yamaha RX-700.

davef
08-31-2006, 02:26 AM
Hi talannar,

Today I received the HTM-200's and 340SEC that would finish my system and this is what UPS shows up with. The 340's box had a small depression, but it wasn't too bad and everything on the inner box was ok. Take a look at the HTM-200 box though.

I am really sorry to see the damaged box.. Please, definitely let me know if the speaker itself is damaged. Your HTM-200 have cast aluminum frame woofers so it would take a significant jolt to do any damage to the internals --- my concern is with cosmetics. Please let me know -- we will handle UPS for you ;)

talannar
08-31-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks Dave!

Hooked the speakers up as my L/R channels and they sound just fine. There was no cosmetic damage to the speaker and, from the sound, I'd say no internal damage. That sure is one well-built speaker!

Now...run the wire...mount the speakers...put up the center channel... :D

SteveCallas
08-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Fed Ex is no better :D