PDA

View Full Version : What the hell

sicknight
08-14-2006, 06:26 PM
So I have been saving for some speakers for some time now. I purchased the from and center 340se. I was curious about how long it would take to come in so I gave Ascend a ring. I was told two weeks. I am now patiently waiting for my speakers. Well I 4 days later I ended up purchasing the rear speakers as well 170se with brackets. Some how they seemed to already shipped via UPS. WOW! funny that my second order is already on the way. I can't wait to hear my new setup. Thanks Ascend. I will review after I recieve and get everything set up.

Quinn
08-14-2006, 08:38 PM
The 340SEs are selling like hot cakes and Ascend keeps running out of parts for the 340SEs even with increasing the part orders by multiples. They've been able to keep up on parts for the 170SE so far.

sicknight
08-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Yeah, now I am just hoping to get that UPS notification for my other speakers. I did not purchase the legs and went with Wood Technology for the stands. I like the look better and it was more of my taste.

S_rangeBrew
08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I think it's GREAT the 340s are selling out, people are getting some incredible high end speakers for dirt cheap, in my humble opinion. A little wait is not a problem.... just keep the quality up, David. Don't compromise and sell out! (I don't think this will be a problem with this guy)

The other great thing is... there are plenty of HTM-200s in stock for people like me, who are totally blown away by these little dynamos sound, so I don't have to wait for my 7.1 HTM-200-only system! Perfect Timbre-matching anyone? Yes, me please! ;)

I tested the HTM-200s against some other bookshelfs..... and I really don't need anymore than they provide..... 80hz x-over, they go down to 80hz... perfect. :cool:

sicknight
08-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Oh, I surely can wait and will do so. I speaker stands just showed up. Someone dropped them off. I guess Fed Ex delivered to the wrong address and they were polite enough to bring them over here. I guess there are still some nice people out there. Now all I need is the speakers to go with it. lol.

S_rangeBrew
08-15-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm sure you will be blown away by your 340s.. I'm listening to some jazz on my 200s right now, and they sound great. David worked for over 2 years improving that sound for your 340s, so I bet you will be blown away!!! :cool:

sicknight
08-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I am hoping they will be a vast improvement compared to the booksize Sony speakers that I got in a package about 8 years ago. They still sound good and will make a nice home in my new workout garage haha. Like I said before I bought the MU-24 Wood Technology Stands and I just put them together and set my old Sony's up there for the time being. I dont see the 340 being a problem but I was curious if any one knew if it was possible to possibly do something to give it a little more support for tipping. The only thing I worry about is my cats. I have seen them jump from place to place on the occasion and want to make sure the speaker doesn't go flying. I know you can fill the stand but I am talking more about the speaker to the stand. Any suggestions?

sicknight
08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I just took a picture of the stand that I will be using with my old speakers on them until I get my 340's. I wanted to show them but have no idea how t o attache them in here. I see the icon for the attach file but don't understand how to actually get the picture link on there. Could someone explain. I had a question about speaker wiring also. I am trying to think of the best way to run the surround wires. I was thinking of a couple different options. 1. Drill into the wall run under the house and fish line back out where I want them. Kind of difficult but no wire exposure. 2. Pull carpet up and run along edge to where it will go up the wall. I have seen this wire tape which will hide the wire it self and you can even paint over it. Has anyone used this? I want to keep it as clean as I can. Any suggestions or ideas. Also help with the pics. Thanks