PDA

View Full Version : Lord Of War - 340cSE dialog & gunfire - wow!

tjennings
08-12-2006, 10:08 AM
I just bought and watched LofW with some friends the other night... fabulous sound (DTS-ES Discrete!) and good movie! The dialog and gunfire was absolutely amazing on the 340cSE, so now I have to save up and replace my 340m classics with the SE's!

Then with my next income tax return in the spring I'm hoping to get 2 more SE's for the rear corner surrounds so I have SE's for hi-rez mc music.

chas
08-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Did you replace a 340c classic center with the SE?

curtis
08-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Hey Tom....long time no see!

Thanks for the movie tip!

tjennings
08-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi Curtis, yes, I've been away from here for awhile, thought I'd stop back and visit to see what is going on! :)

Yes Chas, I replaced a classic with an SE. Seems to have more oomph and clarity so I hope to upgrade the mains this fall.

Lou-the-dog
08-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm glad you stopped in Tom! Check back more often! I'll make sure to check out that movie.

Randy

tjennings
08-18-2006, 09:49 PM
I watched it again last night with a different buddy and I think I enjoyed it even more the 2nd time. Plus this time I got to set in the 'seat of honor' in the sweet spot where all speaker levels are calibrated from, so it was fun.

BGHD
09-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Open Range had some impressive gun scenes/sound too. Not the best western movie ever, but at least a one timer, if not just for the gun battle. Not that I'm a gun expert (just a couple times at a gun range), but it had some of the most realistic gun audio I've heard in a movie.

curtis
09-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Open Range had some impressive gun scenes/sound too. Not the best western movie ever, but at least a one timer, if not just for the gun battle. Not that I'm a gun expert (just a couple times at a gun range), but it had some of the most realistic gun audio I've heard in a movie.
Yeah...the shotgun/scatter gun really had a "hit in the chest" effect.

tjennings
09-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Yep, I bought OPEN RANGE and really enjoy the movie and those scenes, use them for demos!