PDA

View Full Version : system sounds better during different times of the day.

mark
06-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Has anyone experience this? It could be the noise from outside during the day, but it seems like everything sounds better during the night! Maybe I'm just hearing things

curtis
06-19-2006, 08:12 PM
It could a lot of things....like simply being in a better mood.

At night, things are usually more tranquil....less distractions.....so you could very well be more relaxed.

DMD123
06-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Some believe that with the AC power use being lower at night that you get better power quality to your amp, thus better music quality. I dont know if I believe it but I do have a power conditioner and really can't say I notice a difference with it in my system. Maybe I dont have a power issue in my area.

Mag_Neato
06-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Hmmm.....time of day = sound quality.......wait a minute......

GOT IT! There's a company selling some sort of Clock that is supposed to improve the sound from an audio system, so maybe you are on to something! ;)

Jonnyozero3
06-20-2006, 02:01 PM
My system sounds better when I'm well hydrated and happy.

I don't think I'm being facicious either :) I bet the state of your body and mind has way more to do with musical perception than does minor flucuations of equipment due to solar flares or whatever.

Lou-the-dog
06-20-2006, 05:45 PM
My system sounds best when I come home from the farm and the wife and kids are all gone somewhere. Crank up the tunes and pop open a couple of brews...life is very good.

Randy

KojiroTakenashi
06-20-2006, 10:11 PM
The air at night and in the morning is typically more still than during the day, for some reasons I'm not entirely certain of. Sound just travels better at night and in the morning.

cyberbri
06-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Less/quieter "noise floor" from outside and in the house. You don't have the din of cars/traffic at night. Could also be perception - I used to watch movies louder during the day on the weekends, but be more concerned about noise at night (neighbors, kids sleeping, etc.). Even with music, I don't have to turn it up as high at night to get the same "perceived" volume. But if I turn up the volume a bit (at any time), then turn it back down, my ears have adjusted to the louder volume and what seemed "fine" before is then too quiet.