PDA

View Full Version : New 340SE pictures are up!

curtis
06-13-2006, 08:22 PM
I can't believe I am the first to post this here!

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cmt340m/cmt340m.html

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/images/products/speakers/cmt340m/340se_lt_ng_hr.jpg

Eddie
06-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Wow, what a difference! Especially the photo of them with the stands.

Hmmm...I wonder if David F. could get say, Carmen Diaz to pose in a bikini next to these speakers? Ascend would be backordered for YEARS!!! :D

Jonnyozero3
06-13-2006, 09:45 PM
did my credit card just squeak?

oh man... :p

shane55
06-13-2006, 10:33 PM
did my credit card just squeak?

oh man... :p
Hey Jon... did I happen to tell you how absolutely fantastic, phenomenal, outstanding, wonderful, brilliant, unbelievable, splentabulosis, gargantudinal, and really really great these new speakers are? ;) (Push push, nudge nudge)

Oh yeah, and to keep on subject, these new shots are pretty darn good too! Congrats to Dave for getting them up there.

shane

davef
06-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Hmmm...I wonder if David F. could get say, Carmen Diaz to pose in a bikini next to these speakers? Ascend would be backordered for YEARS!!! :D

Ha, personally, I would prefer Jessica Alba... :D

Thanks for the nice comments ... I think the pics on the main 340 SE page are too big and need to be shrunk a bit... They are proportional in size to the 170 pics, but I think they look too big. Whatcha think?

bikeman
06-14-2006, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the nice comments ... I think the pics on the main 340 SE page are too big and need to be shrunk a bit... They are proportional in size to the 170 pics, but I think they look too big. Whatcha think?
The first time I clicked on the page, it worked and I liked the picture but I thought that an expert opinion would help so I asked my wife to comment. When she got to my study, I clicked on the 340SE Main link again and it went to the 340SE Center page. That page had some issues also. Anyone else have this problem?

David

Lou-the-dog
06-14-2006, 06:08 AM

I think the bigger the better...nice pics!!

Randy

Lou-the-dog
06-14-2006, 06:09 AM
The first time I clicked on the page, it worked and I liked the picture but I thought that an expert opinion would help so I asked my wife to comment. When she got to my study, I clicked on the 340SE Main link again and it went to the 340SE Center page. That page had some issues also. Anyone else have this problem?

David

No problems here.

Randy

Jonnyozero3
06-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Hey Jon... did I happen to tell you how absolutely fantastic, phenomenal, outstanding, wonderful, brilliant, unbelievable, splentabulosis, gargantudinal, and really really great these new speakers are? ;) (Push push, nudge nudge)

Oh yeah, and to keep on subject, these new shots are pretty darn good too! Congrats to Dave for getting them up there.

shane

This is all just too bad. I was really looking for "fantabulative" speakers posed next to Claire Forlani. Or Scarlett Johansen. I guess my search is still on (What search? I just need more paychecks).

Ha, personally, I would prefer Jessica Alba... :D

Dave - Anyhow, about the 340 main page. I think the size of the 340 shot is very good; I prefer it being proportional to the 170. It gives a much better sense of the size of the speaker and I think it looks better than a smaller shot would. Smaller wouldn't be as impressive or detailed. Now, you have that white space to the lower right side to deal with. I think if you moved the blue "Sig edition shipping" link into that space, centered and broken into two lines, then moved the text below up a notch where the blue text was, it might make the page look more "full."

Also, I think any of the girls mentioned thus far could also fill said white space. Just a thought.

shane55
06-14-2006, 07:53 AM
Pegged it Jon. Scarlett.:D

Dave... pic size is just fine, and no problems with the page for me.

shane

Edit... I actually, really like the size of the shot in Curtis' OP.;)

bikeman
06-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Anyone else have this problem?
The page works fine now. Maybe 6:30 a.m. right coast time is just too early for wrong coast pages. :rolleyes: ;)

David

Eddie
06-14-2006, 08:07 AM
I think the pics on the main 340 SE page are too big and need to be shrunk a bit... They are proportional in size to the 170 pics, but I think they look too big. Whatcha think?

That might be a good idea. Have you ever considered putting the pic of the speakers next to a widely familiar object used as a size reference, like maybe a CD case, a turntable, or a copy of a magazine such as Time or Newsweek? Or a photo of the speakers positioned on both sides of a wide screen TV and/or an AVR?

PS. On second thought, Angelina Jolie would be THE ideal Ascend poster babe. She'd be equally hot in any state of (un)dress, bikinied or otherwise. Plus her first name also begins with "A" ... :D

She'd probably do it in exchange for a pair of 340s I'll bet.

curtis
06-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Seems to be working OK for me in Firefox and IE.

My vote is for Scarlett, Angelina.....I think either would do fine....I'm not picky.

Mag_Neato
06-14-2006, 11:06 AM
I like Dave's idea of Jessica Alba! Kate Bekinsale works too!

curtis
06-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah...I'm not picky.

shane55
06-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah...I'm not picky.
Ditto... any of the above.:D

BradJudy
06-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Very nice pics. I like the page just the way it is in terms of picture scale.

Considering that most of the buyers here appear to be men and are already convinced about making the purchase, it seems like pictures of men to convince the wives/girlfriends would be more appropriate. :)

Mag_Neato
06-14-2006, 01:17 PM
If there's a female posing with the speakers, you can say to your significant other: I think they would look even better with you next to them! ;)

bikeman
06-14-2006, 05:29 PM
If there's a female posing with the speakers, you can say to your significant other: I think they would look even better with you next to them! ;)
With a straight face? :eek:

David

drewface
06-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Ha, personally, I would prefer Jessica Alba... :D i knew this was a great company, but this quote makes it that much better in my book :D

the pictures look great, especially on the stands. now i'm gonna consider getting the stands with the 340M's, whenever it is that i get around to getting those...