PDA

View Full Version : 340 Phase Plugs

jparr
04-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Today I moved my 340s to another room, with better lighting, and noticed that one of my phase plugs is a different color. Three of the four Audax drivers have black plugs, while one of the drivers has a gray phase plug. Can anyone shed some light (bad pun) on this?

davef
04-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi Jparr,

This is indeed puzzling... :confused:

Quick question, are these 340 SE or 340 classics?

Would it be possible to post or send me a picture of one of the black phase plugs and the discolored one?

Thanks in advance.

jparr
04-10-2006, 02:56 PM
They are 340 Classics, purchased nearly a year ago. June/July 2005 I believe. Pics can be found at http://www.bgcfreedom.com/~jparr/ascend/

BradJudy
04-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Hmmm...is this like a golden ticket? Does he get a tour of the factory now? :)

davef
04-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Jparr,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been travelling.

Thanks for the pictures, this is a first for me... I have never seen one of our woofers with that color phase plug before. I am wondering if the finish faded somehow?

Regardless, it will have absolutely no affect on performance but we would be happy to send a replacement woofer if you like. Please contact me privately at davef@ascendacousics.com

Thanks in advance!

jparr
04-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the pictures, this is a first for me... I have never seen one of our woofers with that color phase plug before. I am wondering if the finish faded somehow?

Hard to say. The lighting where the speakers usually live isn't so great, I did not notice the odd color until I moved them to another room. No cleaning products have been used on them, aside from a dry cloth.

Regardless, it will have absolutely no affect on performance but we would be happy to send a replacement woofer if you like. Please contact me privately at davef@ascendacousics.com

Right, there is no noticeable impact on the sound. I can swap L/R with no difference. There is no reason to change the driver.

boludaso
04-17-2006, 11:44 AM
wow. that is service. another reason i'll be buying ascend when the tax return comes home.

Jacob C
04-18-2006, 04:17 AM
No kidding, with service like that and amazing products at amazing prices its hard for me to imagine buying anything else when I get my money together.