PDA

View Full Version : tweeter disparity?

Beuby
01-10-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm not aware of the audiophile term but if, for example, I choose to run 2 170s and 3 170SEs in my system, would a noticeable difference in the sound of the tweeters exist? My "old" 170s would serve as rear surround of course.

I'll be full of questions until my tax return arrives and then decisions are made... I hope y'all will bear with me...

curtis
01-10-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm not aware of the audiophile term but if, for example, I choose to run 2 170s and 3 170SEs in my system, would a noticeable difference in the sound of the tweeters exist? My "old" 170s would serve as rear surround of course.

I'll be full of questions until my tax return arrives and then decisions are made... I hope y'all will bear with me...
Nope...should not be a problem at all, especially as surrounds. Still the great Ascend sound with more bass and more refined.

Beuby
01-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Ah, glad to hear it, no pun intended. I'd like to think that the tweeters will share characteristcs although I realize the new ones are entirely new.

Now, to decide on two 170SEs and an eventual sub or the new 340SEs...

Asliang
01-11-2006, 01:31 AM
I don't think it would be THAT noticeable for HT anyway. It's not like playing back a song that you know should sound like this or that at a certain point...