PDA

View Full Version : 340c mounted up HIGH?

mboy
12-25-2005, 07:19 PM
I have 304 mains mounted on the Ascend stands and, right now, my 340c is mounted on top of my 32" Sony HDTV inside my entertainment center.
I would say the C is about 13' higher (top most point) then the mains right now (mounted on isolation pads and slightly angled down).

I am adding a front Projector into the mix this week.

Using a tripod screen (on demand) for when I watch HD or DVD.
Problem of course, it will block my 340c.

I am thinking of now mounting the center on top of my wall unit, but this would place it 3-4' higher then the mains. Was thiking of angling it down at a much greater degree towards listening area, and recalibrating.

Think this would work or is it just too high up from the mains?

BGHD
12-26-2005, 02:05 PM
I'd guess it'd become more localizable and less seemless. Probably won't know until you try it. Can't place it below TV?

mboy
12-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately, no. That is where the glass covered cabinets are for my components.
May have to get a center channel stand JUST to use when using the PJ.

bikeman
12-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Unfortunately, no. That is where the glass covered cabinets are for my components.
May have to get a center channel stand JUST to use when using the PJ.
My wife forbids the CC be out when not in use so I have to move it every time we're done watching a movie or music DVD. It's a pain but it beats sleepin on the back porch this winter. It resides on top of the subwoof when not in use.

David

mboy
12-27-2005, 04:38 AM
Ouch.

My wife knows that my computing, fishing and HT stuff is not up for any type of discussion. I always tell her what I plan to do, but she has no interest in it or getting in my way of any of it,lol.

FibreKid
01-02-2006, 08:28 PM
I have a 46" in an entrtmnt cntr which sits on a stand. It's narrow bezel unit with the TV speakers below the screen and I have my 340c sitting on top of the TV angled down. I used a laser pointer to get the angle just right. Actually the speaker sits on a sliding shelf that I made using some aluminum angle strips and a cheap rivit gun. A little sand paper and flat black spraypaint, presto chango instant shelf. I have 340s for the left and right on the Ascend stands. So to answer your question, no it's not a problem. It works great.

Good luck
-john

mboy
01-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Well, 46 is probably close to where it is now, this would be closer to 76-80" off ground :-(

FibreKid
01-03-2006, 08:49 AM
The base of the 340C is 50" off the ground.
-john