PDA

View Full Version : SE Waiting List

worldwide
12-06-2005, 10:52 PM
This thread is dedicated to those who are on the waiting list for the new SE models. If you're on it, please post here. If you have any inside information about the new models, please post here.
I'll start. I'm on the list for the new CBM-170SE's, confirmed by DaveF himself via email.

einsteinjb
12-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Allow me to be the first to toss in my "Me too!!!" Don'tcha love the ol' "Me too!!!"? :p

Seriously I have DaveF's confirmation too, on the list for a stereo pair of CBM-170SE. I CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yeah I know, I need to get a life. hehe.

Frohlich
12-07-2005, 05:02 AM
Hopefully these will work out. I just got a new 60 SXRD tv with the matching stand and had to get rid of my Paradigms 100s since they no longer have space in the HT room with the new tv. I have been researching what to get since the matching stand only has 13 inch of height and 58 inches of width for speakers (I can't really put the speakers anywhere but underneath the TV because of room layout issues). I couldn't find anything I like that would fit this space and was starting to consider getting some Paradigm Studio 20s and laying them on their sides since I still have the matching Paradigm center channel and then a person on another forum turned me onto ascend speakers. I had not really heard much about them to be honest and started doing some research on the net. I talked to Dave and pre-ordered the 170 SE and 340 SE center and the dimensions work out perfect. They also have gotten great reviews (non SE version) and are very efficient. Pretty much meets all my needs. Can't wait to get them.

bikeman
12-07-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm going to wait till after the holidays before ordering. I need to decide between 170's and 340's in a two channel set-up in a small room. The 170's might make more sense but the 340's could see double duty as surrounds in the HT for MC music when the wife isn't home. I kinda like the idea of five 340's in the HT. :D
Gotta think about it and see how much money is left after Christmas.

David

merrymaid520
12-07-2005, 09:18 AM
I am also on the waiting list for 2 - 340 mains and the 340c SE's. Also confirmed by Dave F. and James. Can't wait to see some reviews soon on their improvements! I hear I am towards the top of the list :p

Any idea when the specs will be posted or any reviews?

Take care,
Brandon

jlc
12-07-2005, 11:28 AM
First post.

I had placed my order for the classics (340's LCR, 200's surrounds, HSU-VTF-3MKII), based on all the great feedback here and the AVS forum. But then read about the new offering and quickly called to switch to 340 SE's across the front.

swank121
12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I've been lurking on this board for a while, soaking in the good stuff everyone has to say about Ascend.

After reading the announcement for the SE's, I immediately knew which speakers would end up in my HT. :D Currently on preorder:

340SE mains,
340cSE center,
170SE x4 surrounds

I also have a VTF-3HO with Turbocharger on preorder from Hsu. My neighbors are going to hate me. ;)

The price for the whole system was well under what I was expecting. Many thanks to Dave and everybody at Ascend for working hard and having the vision to create hands down the best value in speakers. Once my friends hear my setup, you can bet you'll get a few referrals. :cool:

Asliang
12-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Just got a response, I am on the waiting list for one pair of Ascend CBM-170SEs! :)

Can't wait to compare these to a set of Axiom M22tis.

worldwide
12-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Do you currently have the Axiom's?

Asliang
12-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Not me, but my flat mate does. I'm just using headphones and some Altec Lansing MX5020s (laptop speakers really) currently.

S_rangeBrew
12-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Bah, the current Ascends sound good enough to me. I'm not going on any waiting list.
Have fun twiddling your thumbs, suckers. I'll be listening to "good enough" old-skool Ascends! :p

Lou-the-dog
12-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Bah, the current Ascends sound good enough to me. I'm not going on any waiting list.
Have fun twiddling your thumbs, suckers. I'll be listening to "good enough" <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=old%20skool" onmouseover="window.status='old-skool'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">old-skool</a> Ascends! :p

Yup! "Old Skool" Ascends still deserve some luvin'!

Randy

curtis
12-08-2005, 11:43 AM
I waiting to see how thing shake out for me after Christmas. By the time I make the change, maybe their won't be a waiting list anymore. :)

KPFury
12-13-2005, 09:47 AM
On the waiting list as well. I'm just reeeally hoping the speakers don't sound TOO revealing when playing 160-192 kbps MP3s... :(

curtis
12-13-2005, 09:53 AM
On the waiting list as well. I'm just reeeally hoping the speakers don't sound TOO revealing when playing my 160-192 kbps MP3s... :(
It really depends on what you are comparing the MP3's to.

For being revealing.....they are not going to reveal what isn't there. :)

KPFury
12-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Well Curtis, the problem is I have extremely high expectations from this speaker after reading extensive reviews and dozens of opinions. As long as it sounds significantly better than my 4.1 Logitech Z560's (which I enjoy immensely) playing from the same MP3 sources, I'll be ecstatic. I have no doubt it'll exceed my expectations on DVD/CD's, it's just my lossy digital music collection (which I will no doubt work on) that I'm very worried about.

I did bring a CD of low-bitrate MP3s to an audio dealer and they sounded okay on Paradigm Mini-Monitors, hopefully the 340SE will sound at least as good if not better w/ the same source... :o

curtis
12-13-2005, 01:10 PM
As long as you are not comparing the MP3's to original CD tracks, then I think you are fine. Once you do though, if you are like me, you won't be satisfied with anything less than 256kbps MP3's.

Since none lossy music sounds better on the Ascends than the Mini-monitors, I think the same will hold true for MP3's.

Jonnyozero3
12-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Not me, but my flat mate does.

You know, she probably doesn't appreciate being called that...no matter her bust size. :eek:

:D

Lee Bailey
12-13-2005, 11:15 PM
I haven't gotten over how my current Ascends sound, been listening to some Mainheim Steamroller Christmas music, it sounds 'marvelous'! I'm not in a hurry to upgrade. (got the thumbs up to get a new Sony SXRD 50" for my next birthday, so speaker upgrades are going to be secondary) :cool:

So, for now, I'm content with my current speaker setup, not that I'm not interested in upgrading the speakers in the future. :D

rx_menon
12-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Hi:
This is my first post here. Gathered quite a bit of info and enough confidence from AVS Forum reviews to go ahead and request Dave F. to include me in the list for the SEs. I am planning to get 340 SE L-C-R, 4 170 SEs and these will integrate with my 2 VTF3-MK2 for a 7.2 setup powered by a Pio 74.

Best wishes to all for a happy, healthy holiday season.

Rajiv Menon

darkhorror
12-14-2005, 06:48 AM
This is also my first post, I am on the waiting list now I just need to decide if I want to go for the 340, or the 170. I think I would like the 340 more due to it having 2 midrange drivers, that way I would be sure that it won't sound bright. Though I don't know if I really want to spend the money, or if the 170 will be just fine.

Mag_Neato
12-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Okay........I'm "officially" on the 170 upgrade list! Just gotta wait until Dave gives the word. He said upgrades will begin mid-Feb. and be limited to 30 customers. It will be the next best thing to buying new speakers :)

Quinn
12-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Okay........I'm "officially" on the 170 upgrade list! Just gotta wait until Dave gives the word. He said upgrades will begin mid-Feb. and be limited to 30 customers. It will be the next best thing to buying new speakers :)

I think that should read 30 customers per month.

Mag_Neato
12-14-2005, 07:34 AM
I think that should read 30 customers per month.

Well....I am stating this as Dave stated it to me in a PM ;)

I'd never put words in his mouth, so if it is only 30 lucky customers then I feel very lucky :D

pegleg
12-14-2005, 08:01 AM
Darkhorror,

Are you in the horror community, too?

--Pegleg

Quinn
12-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Well....I am stating this as Dave stated it to me in a PM ;)

I'd never put words in his mouth, so if it is only 30 lucky customers then I feel very lucky :D

Ascend would never do that.

Mag_Neato
12-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Ascend would never do that.

Aw shucks! I don't feel so special anymore :( (Just kiddin' :) )

I know it is only 30/month.

I guess the 340's require a trade-in to upgrade.