PDA

View Full Version : Sold the Classic 340's waiting for SE's!

merrymaid520
12-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been a Ascend follower since April when I bought my first system consisting of 3 340's across the front and 2 170's in the rear. The system was very accurate and detailed, I love it! The hype was all true, they really are an excellent alternative to retail "audiophile" bookshelf speakers at a fraction of the cost. Anyway, I was placed very high on the list for the new 340 & 340C SE models to replace my already sold "classic system". I am very excited to hear them, mainly the enhanced tweeter and of course a bit more low frequency response will be a nice touch too. Any idea when some demos will get around other than just the 170's that Curtis received? I am curious as to their improvment more so than the 170's. Does everyone else think the average listener will notice the improvements(detail, clarity, more bass extension) over the classics? I am by no means an experienced audiophile critical listener and that's why I ask. I know its a tough question to ask, but hey, the new ones won't be out till January. You have to get excited about a change like this.

Thanks,
Brandon

curtis
12-01-2005, 05:45 PM
As excited as I am, I couldn't be with out good sound for two months! :)

The average listener? Not sure....but IMO, all of us would hear the difference in the bass, some will hear the difference in the mids, and I think most will hear the difference in the highs.

That's my guess.