PDA

View Full Version : No Ascend at CES?

fastnee
12-01-2005, 03:55 PM
The CES website is hit and miss. Am I correct in my understanding that Ascend will not have a room at CES?

bikeman
12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Generally, No. I can't see the benefit. Can anyone else?

David

Quinn
12-01-2005, 04:27 PM
CES is for dealers to hear your products. Selling consumer direct there isn't really any need.

fastnee
12-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Good point. I guess I was just remembering back to when they got an award there some time in the past. However, even for an internet direct product,CES may be useful so that installers, designers, etc. become familiar with your products and suggest them for their clients. Also, lots of magazines have reviewers there, etc.
Also, from the Ascend website:

"OEM Product Development and All Industry-Related Contact Information
Let us develop and manufacture your next loudspeaker project. Ascend Acoustics OEM services include start-to-finish product development, procurement and documentation. We work with numerous domestic and international suppliers, and we are fully capable of delivering finished product in a timely manner. We also feature onsite engineering, testing and light manufacturing. If your needs demand it, we are capable of outsourcing your full production requirements to meet your highest volume demands. Our engineers have won numerous awards and we are confident that we can work within your parameters to create a product that far exceeds your expectations yet still remain within your budget."
So, it is not totally unreasonable to wonder if they would be at CES.