PDA

View Full Version : High frequency sound harsh. What should I do?

hhcan
10-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi, my system sounds harsh at high frequency especially the violin. Anyone have any recommendation as to what I should do to reduce this harshing sound(sound bright and tired)

My room is rectangle with laminated wood floor. There is a small tapestry on the floor with 2 openning on one side of the wall. I only have some some of my kid's toy and lego in the room with a few chairs and no sofa. My equipments are 340, 170 and 200 for front and surround . I pre-out the HK 630 to B & K amplifier.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

bikeman
10-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Any drapes, sofas, overstuffed chairs? How is the furniture arranged?

David

hhcan
10-18-2005, 03:01 PM
I have 3 chairs on each side of the wall and another 3 chairs in front of the front speakers (these 3 chairs are sitting on a small tapestry). There are 3 drapes hanging to cover 2 windows and a sliding door. No sofa or overstuffed chair. This room has no other furniture.

davef
10-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi hhcan,

There can be many possible causes for high frequency brightness or harshness (source material, electronics, speaker location, room acoustics, possible tweeter problem).. In order to find the source, we need to run through a series of troubleshooting procedures.. This is much easier to accomplish by phone..

Please, give me a call at the office when you are at home with the loudspeakers and I would be happy to spend the time with you. (310) 719-9786.

Hope to speak with you soon!

hhcan
10-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks Dave,

I will try to find a time when my wife and kid are not home to test it. Probably not in a very near future! I'll keep your office phone for later reference.

Thanks very much.
-hhcan