PDA

View Full Version : First Post: Just ordered CMT340's/HTM200's

automata
09-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Hello everyone,
Just thought I'd introduce myself. After months of lurking and reading just about every thread on here I finally placed my order today. :D

I ordered CMT-340 LCR's and 2 pair of HTM-200's for surround duty. I've got a Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX to drive them and I'll be picking up either an STF-2 or a VTF-2 HSU sub. I haven’t ruled out the VTF-3 yet but with the HO imminent I’m thinking I should get the STF-2 for now and pick up the HO when it comes out and move the STF to the living room. I live, according to yahoo maps, 2.5 minutes from HSU in Anaheim so I hope to audition these subs next week sometime. I still have to give HSU a call to set that up. I haven't decided on a DVD player, still have to do some more research.

I originally wanted to order a pair of CMT-340's to audition then either return them or order the rest of the system but then I read that the CMT's and CBM's were on back order so I figured I should jut place my order now, audition the HTM's while I wait the 2+ weeks for the CMT's to come in and once I get the CMT's make my final decision. I was a little disappointed to find out the CMT's were on back order but I'm already waiting on the Panasonic AE900U to hit the streets in a few weeks so I guess it's not that big of a deal. The speakers are going into a dedicated room I'm putting together that will almost exclusively be used for movies at first but I do own around 25 DVD-A's so we'll see how the usage ratio ends up once everything is set up.

I’d like to thank everyone on here for answering all my questions before I knew enough to know what to ask. Does that make sense? Between here and the AVSforum I’ve learned a lot in the resent months and am truly appreciative of those in the know whom share their knowledge freely.

I also have to thank James at Ascend for offering me free shipping on the HTM's to save me the trip down to Gardena.

bikeman
09-21-2005, 01:35 PM
I also have to thank James at Ascend for offering me free shipping on the HTM's to save me the trip down to Gardena.

James didn't try to save me the trip. I'll have to speak to him about that. :rolleyes:
You're going in the same direction I'm heading. I have yet to order the HTM's or the Hsu but it's in the budget for this Fall. Welcome aboard, Auto.

David

automata
09-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome bikeman. Maybe I should have kept that shipping info to myself. Sorry James :D

Soundz Reborn
09-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Congratz on your newe purchase and welcome.

Since I have yet to order my Ascends, I am looking
foward to your review.

curtis
09-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Automata......welcome and have fun with it all!

James didn't try to save me the trip. I'll have to speak to him about that. :rolleyes:
You're going in the same direction I'm heading. I have yet to order the HTM's or the Hsu but it's in the budget for this Fall. Welcome aboard, Auto.

David
David...you are welcome out here any time. If I can...I'd personally drive you to Ascend and Hsu!

Congratz on your newe purchase and welcome.

Since I have yet to order my Ascends, I am looking
foward to your review.
Soundz...you are welcome to take the drive up here to Manhattan Beach and have a listen to my system.