PDA

View Full Version : New Harman/Kardon line-up

Jonnyozero3
09-17-2005, 04:13 PM
I stumbled across this in a remote thread of all things on AVS. I hadn't seen any mention of it, but it looks like HK is making some strides:

http://manuals.harman.com/hk/Product%20Information/HKCoreLit06singlepages.pdf

Things that caught my attention:

1) New 740/340/240/140 series AVRs, but still keeping the 635/435. The 740 is 7.2 ch with 2x HDMI in, 3x Component in, DCDi, XM ready and EzSet/EQ II. It'll have the same DSP as the 435/635 and will also come with the TC30 remote. 48lbs!

2) TC30 remote - looks like an upscaled version of the new Logitech Harmony 520 with a better LCD and a few more buttons. It will run the same type of online setup like the Harmony line. Very interesting, and a very good move I think. I think they should offer it as an upgrade option over the standard remote for ALL models.

3) EZSet/EQ drops into the AVR-340.

4) DVD-47 - New HDMI 1.1 Universal Player with upconversion. It does not mention Faroudja. Interesting, I wonder what the chip will be....

Just thought I would share :)

BradJudy
09-17-2005, 06:41 PM
That 740 looks pretty nice. It also has improved component bandwidth and 200ms audio sync delay. Although, I think I'll wait on a new receiver until it's clear what will be the requirements for next-gen formats. I'm guessing they will have to include player-side audio decoding with analog outputs to maximize adoption. When the time comes, I'll definitely be looking at the H/K and Sherwood Newcastle options.

Jonnyozero3
09-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah, while upgrading sounds like fun, my AVR-435 will be fine for a long time. I hope so at least. I liked the look of the new Outlaw as well, but like you I'm going to wait for all the formats to settle out.

I'm curious how much that remote will be as well. I like it, and I need one.