PDA

View Full Version : Want to Audition 340c

Mag_Neato
09-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see an audition list anywhere. I'd like to audition a 340 center speaker before deciding to replace my current center.
Anyone in the Cleveland/Northeast Ohio area with one willing to audition it?

Jonnyozero3
09-17-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm only 12 hours away in Omaha if you feel like a road trip, lol. :cool:

tjennings
09-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Ed-
I'm in Erie so not too far away... I should have my 340c in a few weeks. Just ordered three 340's for the front of my HT. Hope to order another pr of 340's for the rear surrounds in October (I listen to a lot of multi-channel music during football / baseball games).

Mag_Neato
09-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Thanks guys......

Omaha is more like 15+ hours.....drove there back in 1985 to deliver a piece of equipment to Campbell's soup!

Tjennings, Erie is a bit more doable, but still probably out of the question. If you can attend, Craigsub is having a multi-speaker blind listening GTG at his place in November and is also in Erie. Should be fun! :)

Jonnyozero3
09-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Craigsub is having a gtg?? Ooohhh. Roadtrip! :D (not that I could probably make it)

tjennings
09-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Ed-
Once I get my three new front 340's, I'll let you know if it is worth the 1.5 hour drive to Erie to check the 340c out, based on my experience with my current center. Perhaps we could do an A/B comparison with your speaker or my existing center to hear the difference - if there is any to be heard. I'm hoping there will be... if nothing else, I'm hoping for a more seamless soundstage during MC music and movie panning that should occur from having timbre matched speakers. I've got my fingers crossed.