Page 1 of 49 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default The STC -- this is NO "center" channel speaker!!!

I am pleased to say that the first few STC’s made their way down our production line today. Just for fun, we decided to listen to a pair of them for 2-channel music in our demo room, and……. that is where I have been for that past 4 ½ hours…

I am not one to hype a product and many of you will take this as a sales pitch, but I am seriously blown away by the performance of these new speakers. The dynamics are just insane and the speaker’s ability to throw sound not only at you but also around you is seriously startling.

Not only are these the absolute perfect match to the Sierra Towers, but their performance as mains is causing me to re-think everything. Although this is EASILY the absolute best center I have ever heard, I must re-consider our original intention to market this speaker as a “center” Their performance as left/right mains is, quite frankly, astonishing and I can see many people using these as fronts.

I assure you, this was completely unexpected but their performance far exceeds the sum of their parts and for those who don’t yet own Sierra Towers or for those who need something smaller or don’t have the floor space, these absolutely must be seriously considered as mains.

Rather than Sierra Tower Center, how about STC for Sierra Tower Compact, or the CST, Compact Sierra Tower? HST for Horizontal Sierra Tower?

I will post some fun stuff later but it is now nearly 10:00pm PST and I need to get home… after one more not so quick listening session

Wow… sums it up nicely…

The following link can now be used for ordering: Sierra Horizon (STC)
    Last edited by davef; 02-13-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: The STC -- this is NO "center" channel speaker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Not only are these the absolute perfect match to the Sierra Towers, but their performance as mains is causing me to re-think everything. ... Their performance as left/right mains is, quite frankly, astonishing and I can see many people using these as fronts.
    Nice to hear Dave! My concern, though, is that I made the wrong choice ordering the "vertical" Sierra Towers today!
    Please tell me this "center" won't outperform my towers !
    That would be weird!

Rather than Sierra Tower Center, how about STC for Sierra Tower Compact, or the CST, Compact Sierra Tower? HST for Horizontal Sierra Tower?
    "Tower Center" or "Horizontal Tower" is a logical paradox since a tower is a vertical structure.

I'd prefer that "tower" is dropped. Besides, they will probably work great with a Sierra-1 pair as well. How about just Horizontal Sierra, or ... Sierra Horizon ?

I am pleased to say that the first few STC’s made their way down our production line today. Just for fun, we decided to listen to a pair of them for 2-channel music in our demo room, and……. that is where I have been for that past 4 ½ hours…

I am not one to hype a product and many of you will take this as a sales pitch, but I am seriously blown away by the performance of these new speakers. The dynamics are just insane and the speaker’s ability to throw sound not only at you but also around you is seriously startling.

Not only are these the absolute perfect match to the Sierra Towers, but their performance as mains is causing me to re-think everything. Although this is EASILY the absolute best center I have ever heard, I must re-consider our original intention to market this speaker as a “center” Their performance as left/right mains is, quite frankly, astonishing and I can see many people using these as fronts.

I assure you, this was completely unexpected but their performance far exceeds the sum of their parts and for those who don’t yet own Sierra Towers or for those who need something smaller or don’t have the floor space, these absolutely must be seriously considered as mains.

I will post some fun stuff later but it is now nearly 10:00pm PST and I need to get home… after one more not so quick listening session

Wow… sums it up nicely…
    Yesterday I was listening to a Chesky SACD, David Hazeltine Trio "The Jobim Songbook" in plain stereo through my new Towers. I had to make sure it was just stereo because the drum kit was located about 2 feet to the OUTSIDE of the right speaker. I thought "how cool is this?" I can hardly believe the sound stage, and imaging my new Towers produce, it's quite amazing.

I like the name Sierra Horizon posted previously. Waiting patiently for mine, the pair of Towers has quenched my thirst, it's so much easier now LOL!

Jay

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

I just spent about 30 minutes searching through the forum for an answer to this question but couldn't find anything. Forgive me if it's been answered before.

I am considering upgrading my Sierra-1 LCR (+ D15SE) setup with the new Towers. Unbelievably, my wife prefers the looks of the towers to the bookshelf speakers.

The problem is, I have no space for the STC Center. What are your opinions on using the Towers w/ Ribbons with a Sierra-1 NrT center? For my surrounds, I have in-ceiling Sonance S623TR (which Dave recommended as a good choice of in-ceilings to match the Sierra-1s a while back.)

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    Yesterday I was listening to a Chesky SACD, David Hazeltine Trio "The Jobim Songbook" in plain stereo through my new Towers. I had to make sure it was just stereo because the drum kit was located about 2 feet to the OUTSIDE of the right speaker. I thought "how cool is this?" I can hardly believe the sound stage, and imaging my new Towers produce, it's quite amazing.

I like the name Sierra Horizon posted previously. Waiting patiently for mine, the pair of Towers has quenched my thirst, it's so much easier now LOL!

Jay
    i found the same thing, i finally understand staging! with correct placement of the towers, music, in just stereo mode, fills your ears. i felt like the singer was in front of me (was listening to Michael Buble) and his orchestra was all around him, and you can hear the depth of the music being further back and surrounding him. woah!

cant wait for the rest of my order to come in - STC, 170se's x4, and an f15 sub. woohoo!

Dave, I hope this doesnt mean we should all be considering 3 centers instead of towers.. do i change my order now? doh!

Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    I just spent about 30 minutes searching through the forum for an answer to this question but couldn't find anything. Forgive me if it's been answered before.

I am considering upgrading my Sierra-1 LCR (+ D15SE) setup with the new Towers. Unbelievably, my wife prefers the looks of the towers to the bookshelf speakers.

The problem is, I have no space for the STC Center. What are your opinions on using the Towers w/ Ribbons with a Sierra-1 NrT center? For my surrounds, I have in-ceiling Sonance S623TR (which Dave recommended as a good choice of in-ceilings to match the Sierra-1s a while back.)

Thanks everyone!
    I have the Towers with the RAAL and use the Sierra-1 center with Nrt and it blends well for me. I do of course plan to get the STC (RAAL version) eventually but right now, I am more than happy! We would both have very similar setups, I also have the D15SE, but my surrounds are sierras

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    I have the Towers with the RAAL and use the Sierra-1 center with Nrt and it blends well for me. I do of course plan to get the STC (RAAL version) eventually but right now, I am more than happy! We would both have very similar setups, I also have the D15SE, but my surrounds are sierras
    I currently have the same speakers except for the sub (an SVS PC-13 Ultra), waiting on the matching center. The NrT blends seamlessly in my speaker complement. I listen to a lot of multichannel music, the center would definitely draw attntion to itself if it didn't blend well.

Jay

I probably missed it, but what are the dimensions and specs for the Sierra Tower Center?

Quote Originally Posted by sesquipedalian View Post
    I probably missed it, but what are the dimensions and specs for the Sierra Tower Center?
    Try here.... http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...&postcount=732
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Thanks.