Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Denon avr2809ci a good match for Sierras?

Default Re: Denon avr2809ci a good match for Sierras?

Quote Originally Posted by sbeveraggi View Post
    Pardon my ignorance , but if the tweeters are different, won't there be a timbre mismatch?
    the 200SE will not be bad at all for surround speakers unless you plan to listen to a lot of multi-channel music in which case it would be nice to have sierras all around. Certainly it will be better than any other small speaker not made by Ascend you can find in piano black, I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by sbeveraggi View Post
    Pardon my ignorance , but if the tweeters are different, won't there be a timbre mismatch?
    Not really... while the tweeter in the Sierra-1 is a step-up in performance, the timbre (tonal characteristics) between the two tweeters is very similar.

In addition, the timbre match between the HTM-200 SE and Sierra-1 will be far closer than that of any other brand speakers that you would use as rears...

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I have a similar receiver to yours (Denon AVR-988), Sierra-1's LRC, and HTM-200SE's for SR,SL. They blend nicely for movies (inclusive of music within) after setting up with Audyssey.

I had painful experience in past trying to use different brands with "similar design philosophies" to try to get a tonal match.-- Never got that to work.

I prefer music in 2.0 stereo but don't think I'd spend for Sierra-1's SR,SL if I listened to multi-channel audio more frequently.