Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: my Sierra-1 et al story

Default Re: my Sierra-1 et al story

Quote Originally Posted by Mia & Lana's dad View Post
    ......here locally in the south bay...
    are you in the south bay too?
    -curtis

Yep... Do you know where Ricky & Ronnie's diner is?

Nope...but I just looked it up. That is pretty close....closer to mziegler though.

Growing up, we lived in Harbor City for 7 years, and my brother/sister-in-law live in the Green Meadows track houses.
    -curtis

I grew up across the street from the meadows in the Wakefield estates just down Sepulveda a little bit. Moved up north to Livermore for a few years and came back after both my parents suffered strokes. They're stable now, but my dad is touch and go, in and out of the hospital every few months. We now live in the Green Meadows. What a small world.
    Last edited by Mia & Lana's dad; 05-10-2008 at 02:28 PM.

I grew up across the street from the meadows in the Wakefield estates just down Sepulveda a little bit. Moved up north to Livermore for a few years and came back after both my parents suffered strokes. They're stable now, but my dad is touch and go, in and out of the hospital every few months. We now live in the Green Meadows. What a small world.
    That is wild....my brother and his wife live in the house that used to be well known for all the its roses from the previous owner.

The seven years growing up, we lived in Del Amo Woods on the other side of Normandie. I went to President Ave. Elementary, and Fleming Junior High....would have gone to Narbonne HS.

Sorry about your Dad.
    -curtis

yep, I live between Lomita and Sepulveda and Ocean and Anze

Default Discovered undocumented hidden Sierra-1 feature

Dave needs to file a patent with the transportation department because I just got back from the dark side of the moon. Teleportation is real and the Sierra-1's continue to dazzle, mystify and feed my ears and brain sonic LSD. This is a trip without any adverse effects. Time to bring out the time machine next Dave, please let me know when its ready.

Default Re: Discovered undocumented hidden Sierra-1 feature

Dave needs to file a patent with the transportation department because I just got back from the dark side of the moon. Teleportation is real and the Sierra-1's continue to dazzle, mystify and feed my ears and brain sonic LSD. This is a trip without any adverse effects. Time to bring out the time machine next Dave, please let me know when its ready.
    Hey Ron.. Let me know when the kids are away We can take in a little Floyd, some psychedelics and relive those good 'ole days

I am not too sure I can handle your volume levels though
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    At the heart of the Sierra is OPPIX™.

OPPIX stands for Optimized Paradromic Phase Integrated X-Over (crossover). This sophisticated variable slope crossover precisely aligns the acoustic phase response of multiple transducers at the exact point where the response of one transducer crosses over to another, with reference to a specific point in space. This precise alignment allows the transducers to mimic a single point source radiator, allowing for symmetrical dispersion even with an asymmetrical transducer layout while maintaining a linear frequency response and greatly reducing off-axis phase and response anomalies. It also avoids the undesirable frequency response anomalies commonly found with even the best coaxial drivers.

OPPIX™ also allows the Sierra to perform exceptionally well as a vertical or horizontal main and a vertical or horizontal center. I recommend three Sierras in the front (left, center, right) for the ultimate in timbre matching and soundstage consistency.
    Dave's OPPIX™ is amazing. Soon, we will be putting it to the test. Wait, the test is done. What_ever_craziness are you referring to, Ron?

Quote Originally Posted by Looneybomber
    2) You need better mains and pronto!
    This was a post from AVS on a similar thread I started in the Subwoofer forum after posting the pics of my setup. I am extremely happy with the sound quality of my Sierra-1's, so I disagree that I need better mains. However, that comment kinda stuck and irked me for awhile. As I mentioned previously, prior to getting the MBM's - I emailed Dave for help. Somewhere mixed up in that dialog, we touched upon exploring a new configuration but didn't go any further since I decided to pick up the first pair of MBM's. Well, you guys know that I didn't stop there and added two more MBM's. Do you guys see where this is going? Are you noticing a trend here?

Last week I shot an email to Dave to pick up where we left off on that new Sierra frontier.... it was a long shot and hopefully it is going to pay off in a major way.

There are a lot of people on AVS who don't know what they are talking about.