Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hello from PA

Default Re: Hello from PA

I used HTM200SEs for my surrounds for awhile. When I got the Towers, my S2's were moved to surround duty. Using HTM200SEs for the heights still.

I'd go with the HTM200SEs if you move from your existing speakers

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I used HTM200SEs for my surrounds for awhile. When I got the Towers, my S2's were moved to surround duty. Using HTM200SEs for the heights still.

I'd go with the HTM200SEs if you move from your existing speakers
    Agreed, I am using HTM-200SEs as surrounds with my Sierra-2's, and they match fine for movies and music.
    I would love to have Lunas for surrounds, but it isn't a priority.
    -curtis

much thanks gentlemen! i am setting up my power wires in the PANAMAX M8-AV-PRO line conditioner and hitting 73db on the DaRK SIED OF THE MOON CD.
    Sorry caps....

and hiding wires, worse than the sub crawl i believe,,,

later and having a woodford double oaked etc...

and working on new router....? lossless and 4k UHD capable

currently have NETGEAR AC1600 WiFi cable modem routhe with 2 Ethernet out and XFINITY
    Last edited by audiohead; 04-24-2020 at 12:24 PM.

i think i need a new router that brings in 4k uhd and lossless that works on Xfinity

i think i have 100 DL

Quote Originally Posted by audiohead View Post
    much thanks gentlemen! i am setting up my power wires in the PANAMAX M8-AV-PRO line conditioner and hitting 73db on the DaRK SIED OF THE MOON CD.
    How are you measuring 73db? That's is pretty low. Does it seem loud to you? Or am I interpreting wrong and you are not meaning it is loud?
    -curtis

the 73db comes from an app i downloaded on my phone. I also seem to think that number is really low as this stereo is ROCKING! but it is all i have for a reference to use

I had "Pink Floyd" the wall in when my wife pulled in behind my work van and she heard it as soon as she got out of the car and the house is closed up. I used to associate loud as hurting your ears but these speakers are certainly NOT doing that! The house is a rocking!

i got all my power wires separated and plugged into the line conditioner and have the signal wires to clean up this am. i hope to be able to post a pic when done. I have the volume knob to max out at 60 and 50 seems to be plenty and clean, basically 1/2 knob. I would love to put an AMP meter on the receiver and sub

i found out my Router is fine for 4k UHD streaming speed. i just have to subscribe to 4k UHD on Netflix.
    i am not sure about HULU?
    Receiver has Pandura and Spotify i need to dig into . i heard Spotify is CD quality signal but not sure of Pandura and hear Pandura is free.

Receiver has Pandura and Spotify i need to dig into . i heard Spotify is CD quality signal but not sure of Pandura and hear Pandura is free.
    From help.pandora.com: Pandora plays 64kbps AAC+ for free listeners and 192kbps for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers.

From support.spotify.com: Spotify plays up to 160kbps for free tier and up to 320kbps for Premium tier. I think Spotify was experimenting with CD-quality but don't know whether that has launched officially.

Neither of these are streaming lossless at CD quality, for that you have to subscribe to something like Tidal's top tier service (which also includes some MQA recordings), Amazon Music HD or Qobuz.

That said, for casual listening, Pandora at 192kbps does not sound bad at all even at sound levels that fill our house. And at 320kbps it's pretty difficult to differentiate from CD quality. When we're just casually listening to the radio while doing other things, we've got Pandora on shuffle-play giving us a great mix across all our channels and I've never once had a complaint about the sound quality. When I want to listen to something specific, I either listen on Tidal Hi-Fi or to my own CDs (FLAC files) from my media server.

the 73db comes from an app i downloaded on my phone. I also seem to think that number is really low as this stereo is ROCKING! but it is all i have for a reference to use

I had "Pink Floyd" the wall in when my wife pulled in behind my work van and she heard it as soon as she got out of the car and the house is closed up. I used to associate loud as hurting your ears but these speakers are certainly NOT doing that! The house is a rocking!

i got all my power wires separated and plugged into the line conditioner and have the signal wires to clean up this am. i hope to be able to post a pic when done. I have the volume knob to max out at 60 and 50 seems to be plenty and clean, basically 1/2 knob. I would love to put an AMP meter on the receiver and sub

i found out my Router is fine for 4k UHD streaming speed. i just have to subscribe to 4k UHD on Netflix.
    i am not sure about HULU?
    Those sound apps are notoriously inaccurate.

For 4K content, Netflix requires 25Mbps, any router can handle that What matters more is the service you have with your ISP, and how many devices are using the internet at one time in your home. Think of it like water pressure in your home...like flushing all the toilets when someone is in the shower.

I don't think Hulu has 4k content.

as darren says, those music services are not CD quality.

-curtis

I've got HuluPlus - never seen anything in 4K.

i am paying attention guys! great info above, thank you!

spent the weekend cleaning up wires, had a few the mice chewed on and replaced. Loving these topwers more and more. Wife and I got to watch a bit of tv and realized how weak the center channel is compared to the towers. they will be next, hopefully soon!

Audyssey XT32 is under research now, i been following the adjacent post Pogre and awesome deal.
    i'm assuming it is an app ? i will be checking the play store.

i'm learning lots !