Page 72 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6768697071727374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Awesome! Maybe you and Dave could work out an arrangement to sell these on the website for other Luna/Sierrra owners, although I imagine as a custom handmade piece they are not inexpensive.
    Thank you. They turned out well I think. I would make some very minor changes next batch (never fails for anything I design!). Mainly moving the slots for the 1/4" lag bolts further from the upper and lower bends, for more clearance for an impact driver or drill. I had to use a ratchet to run in the lag bolts on my set due to not having clearance for my power tools.

I'd try a different paint next time, I had to do many coats with sanding in between to get the finish just right. Depending on quantity I'd automate the felt cutting but using an exacto knife wasn't too time consuming now that I know what I'm doing. I wonder if a cricut would handle adhesive backed felt? I've never used one.

If others are interested I could work something out through Dave but would try shipping direct to start out.

Those are awesome. I may take you up on the offer of creating a pair for me once I get my Luna's. I could use something similar that would allow for an extension between the wall plate and the pivot.

Nice work!

How much for the second set you created? Im not to happy with my current wall mounts.

Impressive design... appreciate your attention to detail. I am very interested in purchasing a pair.
    Last edited by timmbw; 04-21-2017 at 11:35 PM.

I was proud of the mounting solution I came up with until I checked this thread again

I went with the Pangea stands and L-bracket mount to secure them from small, curious hands. I added some Sorbothane pucks between the speaker and the stand and so far everything seems to be working great.

Full Album

luna_installed_small.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hobe View Post
    I was proud of the mounting solution I came up with until I checked this thread again

I went with the Pangea stands and L-bracket mount to secure them from small, curious hands. I added some Sorbothane pucks between the speaker and the stand and so far everything seems to be working great.

Full Album

luna_installed_small.jpg
    Looks great but I don't recommend using Sorbothane. It has a tendency to leave an oily reside that ruins wood finishes.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks for the heads up. I thought it would be okay with the black matte finish.

I need something between between the speaker and the base plate to get above the top of the L-Bracket bolt. I could put the Sorbothane in a Ziploc or plastic wrap to protect the finish. Are there other options to try?

Thanks for the heads up. I thought it would be okay with the black matte finish.

I need something between between the speaker and the base plate to get above the top of the L-Bracket bolt. I could put the Sorbothane in a Ziploc or plastic wrap to protect the finish. Are there other options to try?
    I used some adhesive backed felt between my bracket and the speaker cabinet. Hobby Lobby sells it in 8.5x11" sheets in a variety of colors.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    You are more than welcome to come to my place in Manhattan Beach and listen to the S2's across the front and save yourself the temptation.
    I may just take you up on that offer! Haven't been to your neck of the woods in quite a while.

Thanks!

Like Dave said, don't use Sorbothane. I speak from unfortunate personal experience - when I removed it, it took the black satin finish off the bottoms of my Sierra 2's. VERY upsetting... only "positive" thing is I plan on keeping them forever so I'll never have to worry about how that would impact a sale price.

I use these under my speakers. Not very attractive but they work fine and you can't beat the price:

http://www.supplyhouse.com/DiversiTe...ad-2-x-2-x-7-8