Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Rythmik F8

Default Re: Rythmik F8

Quote Originally Posted by jpmc View Post
    Dave,

Do you still use this sub in your setup? I am considering this model for my Sierra 2 setup but I’m wondering if it might not have enough output for my room.

My living room is in a way an open concept setup. While my main listening area is about 15x10, I often move around the whole kitchen area and would love to be able to hear a nice full rich bass setup throughout.

My other consideration is the F12 setup but the footprint is a bit larger leading to a tighter to fit in my area.
    Yes, I am still using dual F8 subs with a set of our ribbon towers in my home -- and I absolutely LOVE this setup. These are in a very wide open space (family room + kitchen)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yes, I am still using dual F8 subs with a set of our ribbon towers in my home -- and I absolutely LOVE this setup. These are in a very wide open space (family room + kitchen)
    This is a tough decision. The price difference between the F12 and the F8 is negligible.

I like the footprint of the F8 but I’m concerned one of them might not be enough.

Decisions decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmc View Post
    This is a tough decision. The price difference between the F12 and the F8 is negligible.

I like the footprint of the F8 but I’m concerned one of them might not be enough.

Decisions decisions.
    If going with a single sub in this large space, a single F8 will not cut it.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Not to rush a decision, but the F8 appears like it will be discontinued. Brian and Enrico have both mentioned this over in the Rythmik AVS thread. So if you do decide to go with an F8, you might want to act quickly.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I have one F8 with a pair of Lunas as my main "TV" system, and stand-alone S2s in the bedroom. This alert triggered me to get another F8 while I can, so I'll have the option to use a pair of them, later. In the meantime, I will be moving Luna+F8 from main TV to bedroom, and S2s to main TV with the new F8.

When I was considering what would be the best fit for a sub for my new Lunas, I spent a bit of time doing careful output curve comparisons of Rythmik subs. I found this summary table on the Rythmik home page very helpful in assessing the 'loss' in using the F8 versus something else, like the L12, for my purposes. Read the whole thing, carefully. It was an easy conclusion that I was not going to be missing out with the F8 vs an L12, or likely even vs an F12. It also didn't hurt that the F8 was on sale.

Rythmik output table.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    If going with a single sub in this large space, a single F8 will not cut it.
    I think you're in more L22 territory. I have an L22 and it's terrific.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

I’d like to take he plunge on an F8, but I would think that if it were being discontinued there would be a sale going on.

They are definitely being discountinued. They were on sale not long ago, even here. I don't know if Ascend has any latitude on that now. If not, you could try contacting Rythmik, directly, regarding your current options (B-stock, different finishes, whatever).

Looking at the specs, it looks like I wouldn’t be able to use the F8 since it does not take Hi level inputs.

My preamplifier (Belles Aria) has only has one set of pre outputs (currently being used for my amplifier) and a set of mon and bypass outs. Not sure if those could be used for the sub.

Can anyone chime in?