Thread: Audition Request Seattle Area

Default Audition Request Seattle Area

Hello Forum Members:

My name is Brian and I live a bit North of Seattle. I am hoping to become an Ascend Sierra Tower with Raal tweeter owner in the near future. I am nervous about purchasing a product sight unseen (sound unheard). I would like a custom color which makes ordering one for in home demo less than ideal.
    I have been in communication with Ascend's David Fabrikant and he suggested I check in these forums to see if anyone in the local area would be willing to let me hear a pair of Sierra Towers. If not towers a Sierra 2 with the Raal tweeter.
    I appreciate everyone's time in reading my post and hope everyone is having a great day.

Cheers

Default Re: Audition Request Seattle Area

I have the Sierra 2 with RAAL tweeter and live in Kirkland. Not the tower, but close.

let me know if you want to audition them.

I have the Towers with RAAL but I live in Springfield, OR, at least a 5-6 hour drive.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Mega thanx to both of you for your generosity. Northwest folk are very cool and I love living here.
    Bmmonahan I think I would like to give a listen to your Sierra 2's. I would love to hear sludgeogre's towers, but that drive would eat an entire day round trip. I do thank you for the offer though.

No problem. This forum is also just a great place with lots of awesome people.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrew View Post
    Mega thanx to both of you for your generosity. Northwest folk are very cool and I love living here.
    Bmmonahan I think I would like to give a listen to your Sierra 2's. I would love to hear sludgeogre's towers, but that drive would eat an entire day round trip. I do thank you for the offer though.
    You should also post on the Ascend Sierra thread over at AVS to see if you can find another member with tower around Seattle area..

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...ra-thread.html

Thanx for the additional resource info justthinking. If I get a chance I will head over to AVS and check it out. AVS is a great resource, but I don't get over there a whole lot. I already read more forum posts than I have time too LOL

I have RAAL Tower Mains and Sierra-2 Surrounds (and a pair of Funk 18.0c :P) and am located in Bellevue. I live in an apartment, so can't really crank them, but I'd probably be down sometime, just gotta figure out when would work logistically and stuff.

First off let me put out a big thank you to Bmmonahan. He was generous to set aside some time and to allow me to listen to his Sierra 2's with Raal in his set-up. He has a wonderful dedicated theater room with some room treatments and synergistic equipment. We listened to several tracks at pretty dynamic volumes. I bet it was a truer experience than I would have gotten at most audio showrooms. The speakers and the tweets sounded great. It definitely helped me qualify that I like the tweeters.

There are still some other speaker contenders I may want to listen to, and I would still like to hear the Sierra towers. I sometimes like to listen at dynamic volumes, and for me I like to feel the air in the room moving, which only comes from a multiple driver tower for me.

RandomName thank you for your offer. I don't think I have a soft spot in my schedule this coming weekend, but if we get a chance in the near future and our schedules allow I would still like to hear the towers.