Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sierra-2 impressions...

Default Re: New Sierra-2 impressions...

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    I couldn't do that. I just got off the phone with Dina and placed my order on the 2's.
    Plus I hate gloss black and rose gold....

I couldn't do that. I just got off the phone with Dina and placed my order on the 2's.
    I would say NO since the S2 reviews have just started to trickle in...but I've read some accounts from former Sierra 1 owners @ AVS and they preferred LS50's but you must take into account they nearly cost twice as much. The new Sierra 2 should compare more favorably by all accounts...IMHO. They're priced within the same price bracket and a much more refined speaker over the S1.

I know some on this forum have compared the S1 with the Kef Reference 201 and they cost 5x's as much.

My 2 cents...

Has anyone had a chance to compare the 2's to the Kef LS50? I had a chance to listen to the Kef's today at lunch for a few minutes and was really blown away by them.
    Last edited by billy p; 01-23-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

I am excited about getting them next month. I am redoing my music room and will need stands and a new sub. Right now I will just run the Sierra 2's with my Martin Logan Grotto sub until I can get an new sub.

I am excited about getting them next month. I am redoing my music room and will need stands and a new sub. Right now I will just run the Sierra 2's with my Martin Logan Grotto sub until I can get an new sub.
    I for one am looking forward towards your initial impression...maybe post them at Audioholics as well.

Fyi....HTS...is doing a 3G speaker evaluation...both Kef and B&W declined their speakers participation, what does that tell you about those 2 huge B&M brands.
    Last edited by billy p; 01-23-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    I for one am looking forward towards your initial impression...maybe post them at Audioholics as well.

Fyi....HTS...is doing a 3G speaker evaluation...both Kef and B&W declined their speakers participation, what does that tell you about those 2 huge B&M brands.
    Absolutely nothing. You can read it in many ways. The plausible explanation for me would be that they have already established themselves on the market and having its fair share don't care anymore ...

What size room are you guys putting the S-2 in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr McIntosh View Post
    What size room are you guys putting the S-2 in?
    Mine is a 11x14 room. Not big at all.

Mine is a 11x14 room. Not big at all.
    That's the size room that I'll be using as well, albeit with an annoying brick chimney that sticks out 2ft from one of the long walls.....still not sure how I'm going to deal with that.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the wife won't let me convert our 17x24 room into my media/man-cave, otherwise I'd surely find a way to justify purchasing the RAAL towers.
    Last edited by TheHolyCannoli; 01-23-2014 at 08:55 PM.

I have had Sierra-1s before (now upgraded to RAAL towers). Having said that, I was quite surprised at what kef LS50 could do with rythmik. I only listened to them for 5 minutes at someone's house. They are fine speakers as well. I wish I could do side by side comparison with S1. Everyone who have upgraded from S1 to S2, are very impressed and happy though, so, I'm not sure how LS50 would fare...
    And I agree with ematthews..LS50 did look a little ugly :-)

I have auditioned the LS 50's twice. These speakers have had great reviews.
    You must hear a speaker for yourself and form your own opinion.
    I did not like the 50's at all. I honestly thought that the **** system in my son in laws car sounded better. I was very shocked at what I heard. I was going to buy five of these and had my mind made up that these were my new speakers. Very lucky that a trip out of town gave me the chance to hear them for myself.
    I hooked up my five new Sierra 2's about three hours ago and can honestly say that I am blown away.
    IMHO, the sierra 2 is the better speaker by a LONG SHOT.