Page 1 of 49 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Default Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Hi Dave,
    I visited AVS after a long time and it was worth it :-) SInce the cat is out of the bag about upcoming new sierra-1 and tower, I was wondering how can we get more information about this?

Can the existing Sierra-1 owners upgrade their speakers with new parts? (Just like a program that you had for 340-SE?)

Like many, my room/family might not be receptive to towers, but you never know :-) I know that there's a good market for towers out there and I'm glad that Ascend is entering this market.

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

I heard about this over the last few days and am excited! From my understanding, the original Sierra-1 will continue for sale in addition to the new Sierra-NRT and floorstander, with a NRT upgrade available for the Sierra-1. Since my original Sierra-1's are sitting in their shipping box right now, I hope these are announced soon so I can have the upgrade done before I move to our new house and set them up!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Dave, is a Sierra NRT Tower in the works?

Both are nearing completion from my understanding. I believe Dave is waiting on the new tweeter which will be a few months yet. This new tweet is needed for both the Tower and NrT Sierra-1.

The current Sierra can be upgraded(new crossover and tweeter).

As mentioned over at AVS, this Tower is a 3-way, with a dedicated mid range driver.

I have been waiting for these for a very long time....just ask Dave!!!

Maybe Dave will chime in with more details, I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Brandon

What are the driver size for the towers? Bass extension? Sensitivity? Will they also use bamboo or will these use MDF? Inquiring minds want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
    What are the driver size for the towers? Bass extension? Sensitivity? Will they also use bamboo or will these use MDF? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Based on Dave's comment over at AVS about starting a thread here answering any questions, I will respond hopefully without stepping on his toes: (Dave, if this is not acceptable, please let me know).

Drivers:
    2 sierra-1 drivers
    new mid range driver
    new NrT from SEAS
    I dont know specs, but there will be a bamboo version and maybe an mdf version to keep costs down.

I would LOVE to see pics of the prototype Sierra Tower.

+1

Uh oh, I'm in the mood to spend some money on audio this year...
    Jon O.

Hi Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1000 View Post
    Hi Dave,
    I visited AVS after a long time and it was worth it :-) SInce the cat is out of the bag about upcoming new sierra-1 and tower, I was wondering how can we get more information about this?
    I will be posting more detailed information sometime this evening. Still working on what to post and organizing my thoughts a bit.

Can the existing Sierra-1 owners upgrade their speakers with new parts? (Just like a program that you had for 340-SE?)
    100% YES!!!

Like many, my room/family might not be receptive to towers, but you never know :-) I know that there's a good market for towers out there and I'm glad that Ascend is entering this market.
    We are not there yet, but this has been a joint effort between myself and the engineers from our various vendors for a long time now. Nothing is finalized on this yet -- but soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I heard about this over the last few days and am excited! From my understanding, the original Sierra-1 will continue for sale in addition to the new Sierra-NRT and floorstander, with a NRT upgrade available for the Sierra-1. Since my original Sierra-1's are sitting in their shipping box right now, I hope these are announced soon so I can have the upgrade done before I move to our new house and set them up!
    All parts for the Sierra-1 NrT, which happens to stand for Neo-Ring Tweeter, have been ordered. Just waiting for parts to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by eRob View Post
    Dave, is a Sierra NRT Tower in the works?
    Yes -- has been for a long time but I can not provide a time frame for this just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Both are nearing completion from my understanding. I believe Dave is waiting on the new tweeter which will be a few months yet. This new tweet is needed for both the Tower and NrT Sierra-1.
    Correct!

The current Sierra can be upgraded(new crossover and tweeter).
    Correct!

As mentioned over at AVS, this Tower is a 3-way, with a dedicated mid range driver.
    This was the configuration that some listeners auditioned at our facility. However, there are two other configurations that we have also been working on. I haven't made the critical decision as to which configuration just yet. The 3-way, as described here with 100% bamboo cabinet and the new tweeter is *VERY* expensive to manufacture and the retail price might price us out of the market with our competitors. Many decisions still need to be made.

I have been waiting for these for a very long time....just ask Dave!!!
    Ahh, yes -- but if it wasn't for you being on top of me about this I am not so sure if the project would have come this far already..

Quote Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
    Only thing that is assured at this point is that the cabinet will be bamboo and the tweeter will be the same size as current Sierra-1 tweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^S View Post
    I would LOVE to see pics of the prototype Sierra Tower.
    Mike -- please come visit for a listen

Hope this is a good start... I will post more info later today.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Based on Dave's comment over at AVS about starting a thread here answering any questions, I will respond hopefully without stepping on his toes: (Dave, if this is not acceptable, please let me know).

Drivers:
    2 sierra-1 drivers
    new mid range driver
    new NrT from SEAS
    I dont know specs, but there will be a bamboo version and maybe an mdf version to keep costs down.
    A MDF version would be perfect if priced good.